G-310 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-310

Purchased from: Merchant City Music

G310 sounds great, I'm playin with a Fender amp right now and it follows really well.

I play lots of music, and it picks up everything I've hit so far. I play it through a Fender amp and sometimes a boss distortion pedal, with good proel leads. If you must know I use the picks that have alien head features on them, I like the visual connection. Overall its a great guitar for the money, all you need to be willing to do is make a few changes of your own, so I donno if it would be great for a first time guitar, maybe a second guitar or anythin over that. At a push I would like to see it with higher quality seymour duncan's, but thats a personal preference. And it'll get them soon as I find the money. Anyway, like I sayd, it's a great SG model, and eveything fits for the price, but I gotta say, it's no Gibson SG.

It's proud to be a solid guitar, and you can tell, it lives up to its big daddy name like that guy in the godfather. I've had it for about a year now and it's seen its share of bumps and buckles and its withstandin really well. Very reliable, just make sure your leads are too avoid the crappy leads or ones that are expensive just for the silver finish on the jack, they never last.

When I got it, like I sayd with the stings it wasnt in the best settings for me, so I adjusted it to suit me really, the action was set way up, on all stings, so I lowered that where I felt nescessary, added some ernie balls dropped down the humm's cos they were set too high and puttin a magnetic strain on my low e and a string causin a slight buzz when played with no amp. Also, I found it more stabling to take the washer from the outside of the lead jack off and tighten the nut directly onto the body, it doesn't keep coming loose now. yeah, so if you're prepared to make your own adjustments to the factory setting its goin to be a pretty reliable setup, but replace the strings for the love of god!

See, other peoples articals for the details from the website, or just check the website your self. All in all, its got everything I need without being too complicated. Still the strings supplied with it weren't the best, not a huge deal buyin your own thought.