G-310 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-310

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

It suits my style of music perfectly. I love the sound. I think it sounds a whole lot better than my Strat. It's not noisy at all and yeah, it does make a variety of sounds. I can make that guitar due what I want it to do. I never could get my Strat to do what I wanted. It wouldn't stay in tune and I couldn't get the right sound.

I play hard rock to classic rock and the guitar matches every style. I've played for 2 years and I'm in a band called Canteen. We're from Wheelersburg Ohio. I use a Danelectro Daddy O distortion and a 30 watt Crate amp. If this guitar was stolen, id buy it again in a heartbeat. I love the look, the sound and the feel of this guitar. I love it.

Yeah it withstood live playing very well. The hardware appears like it is ready for many gigs and years ahead. The strap buttons are excellent. The strap hasn't fallen off unlike my Strat. I depend on this guitar very heavilly. And I dont use it as a backup, I use it as my main guitar now.

The action was just right on the SG. The back pickup is suppose to be high but a little 2 high for me. But I fixed that easily. Everything was perfect on this guitar. Yeah there were some blemmishes because I bought it from the Clearance Center but the scratches were so small and unnotible that people thought that it was brand new.

This was a '05 model red SG. This has 22 frets and a nice fat neck. Solid top and an alder body and rosewood fingerboard. of course this baby had a Tune-O-Matic bridge, open coil, humbuckers and no locking tuners though. But it stays in tune. It also included a cable.