G-310 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-310

Purchased from: www.Gak.co.uk

It suits my music style because it has a very metallic sound to it compared to the Strat for instance which was the guitar I had before this. I play metal/hardcore, I am using it with standard Marshall amps: MG15CDR, MG250DFX etc. and I am using it with Boss MT-2 pedal and with a DigiTech RP200 multi-FX. It is not noisy, it is very quiet, very rich metallic sound and there is a lot of variety in the sound if you spend time toying with the tone controls.

I play metal/hardcore and it fits me perfectly, I have been playing for 3 years, I am self-taught and I also own a Squier Strat and an acoustic, there is nothing I wish I could have asked and I would definately buy it again if it were say stolen or lost. I love its look, its horns, its weight, its smoothness and its quietness. I didn't have any other product in mind and I dont wish it had anything else.

I haven't used it live yet but I'm 100% sure it will withstand live playing, hardware seems very strong and durable and the strap buttons are solid and will withstand and tension which is put on the strap, I would use it in a gig without a back up and I would depend on it. It seems like a thick finish and would last a long period of time.

Thr guitar came very well set-up, there was only one flaw and that was that the tuning was a little off the standard EADGBe tuning. The pickups were set up fine, the back one is raised a fair bit but if it does not suit you then it is easily lowered. Bridge and neck were all fine, no bowing or humping in the neck and bridge was routed properly, there was no flaws other than the tuning.