G-310 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-310

Purchased from: Guitarworks

I play a lot of AC/DC and other classic rock and it is very responsive. It has a great bright clean sound and it is awesome for any type of metal. When you trun the gain to 10, it hisses, this can be fixed by turning the tone to 0 on the guitar. It can sound line a bass or like a Rickenbacker, it has a pretty jangly sound and is great for doing any kind of harmonics.

I play rck and metal and this thing is amazing. I've been playing for 2 years and I have a peice 'o crap amp and a Boss DS1 pedal. It sounds great even with the horrible amp. If it were stolen, I would implail the robber with a stick and buy another guitar. My favortie feature is the guitar. I compared it with other products and they sucked.

I haven't played live with it yet, but I wouldn't even think of bringing a backup guitar.

The sirings buzz a little if you play hard enough, the pickups were too bassy, I fixed eaisly though. The neck is very soft, if you flick the headstock while playing an open string, the tone drops an entire 1/2 tone. The pickgaurd has a few scratches and is peeling in a few places. The input jack on the guitar is sometimes loose, but it is easy to fix. I need straplocks, the bottons that came with this guitar are nor that good.

I think that it was made in China, I'm not sure. It's got 22 fat frets on it's medium neck. I think it is 24.75" scale, it has a mahogany neck with an alder body. The body is incredibly thin and comfy to sit down and play with. Is has a Tune-O-Matic bridge with passive electronics and 3-way pickup selector. It has non locking tuners and came with a 1 year warranty.