G-310 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-310

Purchased from: music123.com

I play rock/punk/post hardcore and this guitar is just perfect. The humbuckers can either play rich and full clean tones or house shaking death metal, and everything in between. I have a Behringer V-Ampire and when I play In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 by Coheed And Cambria I can go from the clean intro to the rocking verse no problem, this guitar handles it perfectly. I also play The Used, My Chemical Romance, Funeral For A Friend, Taking Back Sunday, The Explosion, Dropkick Murphys and Modest Mouse, and all of them sound great so you can see the versatility of this guitar. This is pretty much an all-purpose guitar. It's not amazing in one sound and crap in another, its just great in all. You can play huge solos and leads or play rythem guitar, and both sound good on this guitar. Only problem is it buzzes just a little with distortion.

As I said before I play rock/punk/post hardcore stuff and this guitar takes it all. I've been playing for about a year and a half and this is my second guitar. It's lasted great and I believe it will last great for a long time to come. If I it were stolen and I only had enough for this priced guitar I'd definitly buy it again. It easily could be sold for 350-400 bucks, but it's only 250 normally (I paid 200 'cause I got mine on sale). Everything about it is just amazing except the tuners. But that just means I have to tune a little more often then others. If this had some nicer tuners, I wouldnt ever question buying a new one for a few years. this is definitly a good begginer/backup guitar or a guitar to have while you save up for something expensive. It's definitly worth the money though.

The body itself is amazingly durable. I've done just about everything youd ever do accidentally to it and its only got scratches and small dents. The input jack and high E tuning peg are coming loose though, but those can be tightened easily. The strap buttons are fine, never come loose once. This is the only guitar I take to jams and gigs and its just great. The finish will probably last a while granted there will be scratches and dents but thats normal.

The guitar was not set up all that great for my needs from the factory. The action was high for my tastes, but some people like a high action so its all prefrence I guess. The pickups were adjusted alright, but I recently changed the height to get more power. The finish was just beautiful and granted I have dented and scratched it a bit, it still is amazing. I got the red finish, and the red is nice and bright, and feel of the finish is great. I especially love that they painted the back of the neck. It makes playing feel like sitting back in a lazy boy.

I got this earlier this year, and it rocks. It's an SG style (I love the SG look), 22 frets, 24.75 scale bolt on neck rosewood fretboard. It's got a Tune-O-Matic bridge and stop piece. 2 humbuckers with 2 vol and 2 tone and 3-way selecter Switch. The tuners are non locking, and about the only feature that isnt so great. Everything else works like a dream.