G-310 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-310

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Since I spent the first part talking about features I will start gushing now. This guitar is amazing! It fits my style perfectly (classic rock)and makes me happy when I play it. I play it through a Crate 2X12 combo and I sometimes use a Rocktron flanger (good pedal). It's not noisy at all, and has a great sound, the sound you weould expect from a more expensive guitar. I can get a number of sounds, from high sparkling cleans to bluesy overdrive, to gain laden crunch and scream! it really is versatile.

I play classic rock, and again this is a perfect match. I have been playing about two/ three years and I also own a Squier Strat, my first guitar. This guitar blows it away. The humbuckers sound good, and it's just perfect. If it was stolen, I would hunt them down, kick their ass, and then buy a new one if the first was damaged. if lost, replaced really fast. I love that it is durable, looks nice and sounds great and is versatile. I wish it had trapezoid inlays and a set neck, but for 200 bucks it is nice enough.

This guitar is very durable. Playing live it does great. The hardware is durable also. I don't know if the strap buttons were solid because I replaced them with Dunlop straplocks. It is very dependable and I would use it on a gig with out a backup with peace of mind. The finish is excellent, and this guitar is through and through durable. I drop it and it falls (the headstock is heavy) and it just keeps truckin.

When I recieved this guitar, it was out of tune but basically ready to play. The pickups were adjusted fine and the bridge and intonation were near perfect. The strings were changed, but other than that nothing did. The guitar had one flaw in it, which was on the finish. After recieving this guitar, very careful examination of my new instrument revealed a tiny, minute speck of black paint, like someone was spray painting near the guitar and a speck floated on it. No one besides me would notice it.

My G-310 was an '06 model and was made in Indonesia, but correct me if I'm wrong, I think epiphones are assembled in the US. Not quite sure. The neck is ebony I think but it is smooth and plays nice. I own the white finish, and I belive it looks the best. It really looks nice. It's a Standard Tune-O-Matic stop bar bridge. It also has the standard 4 knobs, two volume two tone, and a treble/rythm Switch. The tuners are good but g string goes out of tune sometimes.

Yello_card-333
    does anyone else have a slight problem with the jack coming loose and losing a bit of signal while playing?
    brenzo
    i use to own an old monteray strat, it was an alright 1st guitar but i felt i needed sumthin better and i loved the look of the sg's so i started to look around. i didnt want to spend a whole lota money on a gibson so i got this guitar. i tell u it plays like a dream, excellent action and its so light. i love it and its really great for the price!
    ich-komme
    Thats a good question, are there any real differences between the G-310 and G-400 that aren't cosmetic?
    Stratman John
    basically, the G310 has a bolt in neck instead of a glued in neck on the G400 and gibson SG's. This has the effect of making the body of the guitar so much thicker and just doesn't look half as good as the G400. I bought one of these off the internet but sold it because the setup was crap. If you do buy one, get it from a proper guitar shop and play it first before you buy. Having said that, I'd recommend the G400 over this one, it doesn't cost that much more but its sooo much better.
    gibofan01
    ok.. G400??... or, 310??.. well to start G400's lokk so so so much better e.g PICKUPS!! have crome covers which looks great!.. and im not sure weather all of them have it but the white binding on the neck is lush!! it gives it that gibson look!... another thing for that gibson look is the finish!... the 310's have just this boring fake firetruck red and this boring black. i know that obviously the g400's LOOK! better than 310's but the sound is rely different. basically the 310's have more of that cheep les paul copy sound, and the g400's have that brite crunchy angus young sound. belive me they sound different!!! AGREE ?? ?? ?? ??
    xJohnxAnarchyx
    AngelsAirwave wrote: im interested in buying this I lay music like dashboard confessional, green day, fallout boy, is this guitar suitable?
    yeah dude it is.