G-310 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-310

Purchased from: Freds Music

I mainly play any style but more of Punk and Metal. So it works well in both styles. I'm running a Drive CD100 practice amp and a Peavy I think 75watt as my gig amp. It may be louder I honestly don't know. I use a Zoom box as my effects pedal when my friends over. It' not at all noisy. It's got a nice sound. I always have my tones rolled all the way up so it's usually a bright sound. It can play any style of music. It all depends what settings you use on your amp. It works with anything like bends, vibratos, pinch and artificial harmonics. It has good sustain.

I mainly play punk, rock, and metal so it works well with those styles. I've been playing for a year and a half. Besides this I own a Suzuki Strat and a Drive CD100 Amp. I wouldn't ask questions before buying it. Mainly if you pick it up and it plays good I would just say buy it. I think I would buy it again. It's mainly the fact of the coloring. You don't see a Vintage White one like my own around much. I really love the dual humbuckers. Honestly it is my favorite pickup arrangement. I also like the tune-o-matic bridge but sometimes I wish it had a tremelo, but a six-point not the big flloyd rose. I would say there is nothing I hate about this guitar. My favorite feature on this is the color, the pickups, and the bridge. I didn't really compare this with other products because it caught my eye at that point more than any other single guitar. One thing I wish it had was locking Steinberg or Sperzel tuners. But otherwise I am 100% overall satisfied with my purchase.

It will withstand Live playing. I use it alot. I play few shows. Very few. But I do practice about 4-5 hours a day and it's still working. Solid hardware. One thing I don't reccomend is using the three-way selector for a killswitch by rolling off the one volume. After a while it will be flimsy. So I wouldn't reccomend Buckethead on this guitar. But all in all it looks as though it will last. I've owned this guitar for about a year and so far so good. Except for the messed up selector. The strap buttons are solid but they are rounded off so I would recommend strap locks if you're gonna be running around on stage. I would use it in a gig without a back-up but it's always safe to have a back-up just in case something were to happen. The finish is really good. It's a gloss finish and it hasn't worn away yet.

The action when I got it was really good. Nothing too special. Just good action. The pickup in the bridge posistion was a little high but that was adjusted easily. Everything was in proper working order. Mainly the flaws on it came from the above mentioned drop at the shop.

I think the model I own is a 05 to 06. It has nicely fitted 22 frets. I don't recall the scale but it's mainly like all Epiphones running the 24-3/4" scale. It's got an Alder body with a mahogany neck I'm pretty sure of. When I bought it it had a lil oh so tiny piece cut out of the back from someone dropping it. Didn't make much of a difference. The finish was a glossy Vintage White so it's one that you don't see everyday. Unlike the cherry red which is pretty much what everyone seems to like. Of course it has the SG body style, nice and pointy. I have the tune-o-matic on it. It works well. I don; t know the exact style of electronics but I think they're passive. It's got two volume, two tone, and the three way selector. Which is good for running it clean and dirty jst by flicking the Switch. Basic alnico open-coil pickups. Neck and bridge. Non-locking Grover tuners. When I bought this it did not come with any accessories which sucked because I had to use my Strat bag for a while.

Korzack
    Looks solid enough, even if to me open coils just looks Cheap. Although finally, an Epi SG with the proper pick-guard! Although if I do get an SG, i've got my own big plan (Getting a 1965 copy, with the maestro trem, then swapping the pickups with the ones that Gibson use for the angus you sig, even if I can only find a 57 plus, & then getting a proper pickguard for it - Nice & cheapish at 520, & it'll sound awesome)
    emokiller1
    this is a pretty good guitar, but i would not buyit again because when i bought it i did notknow anything about guitars- now im getting an ESP ec-100qm. the g-310 sucks for metal, but put emgs or duncans in it, and it will be awesome... but will still need some upgrades...