G-310 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-310

Purchased from: Musician Freind

The sound is full, and seems to be darker than average. I play a lot of Classic Rock and an SG is suited just for that. I am using it through a Marshall MGDFX and oh boy does it scream. I'm using a Boss BD-2 Blues Driver, and a Dunlop Crybaby as well and everything sounds perfect. This guitar can make a very large varitey of sounds. When I first bought I was playing a lot of metal but since then I've went into the more classic rock/blues rock and still sounds perfect.

I play classic rock and an Epiphone couldn't be much more perfect. I have been playing for 6-7 years and trust me, this guitar is good. If it were stolen I'd probably buy an Epiphone Vintage G-400 just to make a small improvment. The neck plays quick and the tuning knobs are on there good, but it comes out of tune easily and the pickups weren't set up near as good as I would have wished. This guitar but my freinds B\.C\. Rich Warlock to shame. It could of come with better pickups, but when wiring it with some Gibson Pickups (any kind of pickup, whatever suits you) it sounds great.

This guitar could withstand Live playing but I would still bring a backup for string breakings and such. The strap buttons are solid. The finish has lasted 3 years with me so I think it has another few years to go. I can always depend on this guitar, or any Epiphone guitar I own.

There is a problem with the neck pickup because it wasn't set up as well as it could've been. It also has a noisy pickup selector. It aslo comes out of tune easily. The Finsih is above average an the tuning pegs are on decently. The bridge is properly routed from my point of veiw.

this guitar came with hardwood body, Bolt-on mahogany neck, 22 frets, Rosewood fingerboard, dot inlay, Tune-O-Matic bridge, Stopbar tailpiece, Chrome tuners and stock pickups. It came with no gig bag, strap or anything like that. The Pickups could of been a little better but that is my only complaint.