G-310 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-310

Price paid: € 129

Purchased from: www.gak.co.uk

I play a wide varity of music, With a Range from jazz to nu-metal, I'd say this guitar is very good. You can make the Guitar sound very flat and boring, Or turn the tone Control to 10 and get a bright, Lovely, Rich sound. I have played bass for 3 years, And Do not have a guitar amp yet, So I have a Fender Rumble 15 amp, and a Boss ME-50 effects pedal. Overall, This guitar fits my style of music perfectly.

I play a huge range of music, all the way for jazz to nu-metal, it works well. Works great with my Boss ME-50 effects pedal, and aright with my bass amplifier (Fender Rumble 15). I have only played for a month, and Done bass for 3 years. I love the tone control over it, I can make it sound so amazing, so rich, so bright. But I do not like everything, seeming though I had to buy a lot of parts for it to work and yet it still lags occasionally. When buying this Guitar I had a look at some B\.C\. Rich guitars, I always dream of Ibanez gear, but could not afford it so I went for the cheapest thing I could find. I just wish this Guitar had been made better, that's the only thing which upset me about it. If it wasn't for that this would have been perfect for me.

I would not play this guitar at a gig, it fits my style very well and sounds very nice. i can give it a bright, rich sound, or make it sound flat, the pick ups let me play with either a "rhythm" or "treble" sound, or both. That is what makes me think "it's perfect for a gig!" But I am not sure as to how long it is going to last, It was poorly made and the Jack keeps contently failing for me. Which makes me think "no, I wouldn't take it to a gig because what's going to happen if they guitar brakes in the middle of the gig?"

This is what let the guitar down. When I plugged the guitar in I heard a lot of crackling, I unplugged the guitar and the Jack came out. So I had a look inside and the Jack would not even fit the guitar properly, So I had to go out and buy a new one. Despite getting a new jack, It still fails to connect or to produce enough volume. I also experience a lot of fret buzzing and had scratches were everywhere when I got it. There is a lot of crackling switching between pickups, Especially when you try and play Rage Against The Machine songs and one pickup is off and the other is on 10. Another poor thing is that the guitar will tilt when you play stood up, because there is a lot more weight on the head/neck. This let the Guitar down for me and really disappointed me, A complete and utter let down.

dimarziodude
    I have the g310 its an alright guitar now that is properly set up with a gibson burstbucker pro in bridge pos and dimarzio evo in neck pos a gibson custom shop slim taper neck it sounds very acdc'ish hard to squeal on though but for metal i use a yamaha se350 with natural finish a hard rock maple neck and fret board set up with floyd rose and dimarzio pickups very sweet custom autographed by casting pearls the sg though is more for a jimmy page tony iommi sound though and for this the g310 is awesome though change pickups though