G-310 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-310

I use a Marshall MG50DFX with it, and that lets the pickups really growl in anything from a classic crunch sound to metal. the action is high, but the neck is wide so it's great for bending (which I do a lot of) Like playing David Gilmour style (rivaling is Strat) but it's not so great for speed, although I can play Slash solos well with it, not so sure if shreddin hi-speed metal would work so well with it... it It has some issues with picking up EM interference, but it's usually preety quiet. I actually picked up a radio station with it for a while... but I think that was just the patchcord.

it plays really well, perfectly suited for classic rock, blues, and even metal. if it where stolen or lost, I would probably buy a SG Special, depends on what's in the store:P One of my friends bought a black 2003 Fender Telecaster, and despite it costing 1000 dollars, and sounding very clean and in tune, the Epiphone SG is a lot easier to play lead with, and honestly looks nicer. the only thing I wish it had was MOP inlays on the fretboard, and may be a whammy.

It had some problem with the things that Broke, but it seems reasonably solid. strap buttons are really strong, I could never see them failing. the finish is really thick, it still has the same Shine it had when I got it a year ago, no damage. the pickguard is a bit scratched up, but that's after all what they're for. I'm a bit paranoid about the neck cracking because of it's weakness, but it has yet to.

everything was well set up, except there was a few small problems with it when I bought it; the socket jack comes lose easily, so the wires broke quickly, but since iv'e re-sautered them, they've never broke again. the g tuning peg came a bit on the lose side, but it just means that string needs to be tuned more often. one of the knobs also broke off, but iv'e replaced it. the neck is a bit on the weak side, easily bending and bending the pitch, but on the bright side it's useful if I incorporate that in my playing. only flaw in build is the top guitar strap button was put on slightly crooked, but that's only esthetic, and it's on the back. the guitar itself looks beautiful, and quite original with it's ceramic pickups and clean cream finish. people always ask me where I got it!

Mine is a 2006 model, rosewood fretboard, 22 frets, Dot fret markers, SG body is mahogany, Antique white, with black full pick-guard, two black ceramic humbucker pick-ups, tune-o-matic bridge, three way switch: treble, rythmn, four black speed knobs, volume for each pick-up, and tone for each.

TAOD4ever
    Changed out the strings and put new volume-tone knobs, and added humbucker covers to them, plays like a dream.