G-310 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-310

Purchased from: Nevada Music

Sound is great for the price. I play rock, metal and alternative and it can do them all. I use it with a Marshall MG15CD for practice and a Marshall TSL100 at gigs and it gives a great sound without any effects. I bought a Zoom G2.1u effects pedal only recently, as i found it was a bargain for what it did, and now the sounds produced can be fantastic. The one problem i have found with my guitar is that when playing some notes on the 5th and 6th strings without an amp is that there is an audible buzz, but this is only a small problem and i can easily Live with it.

I play this and sing with my group and i can't really wish for more. The only other guitar i own that has anything on it really is the Fender Jaguar HH, which i also use for some songs. I've been playing for around three years and used Acoustic before moving to my Epi. I would be mortified if it were to be lost or stolen as i have grown very fond of it. If nothing else, this guitar is fantastic value for money, even if you do have to fiddle with it before starting. But it will honestly take anything you throw at it and keep playing afterward. This is a recommended guitar for beginners and pro players alike.

I use this guitar a lot Live, simply because it was my first and i love it!! So far, nothing has gone wrong with it (touch wood!). The pickups do have a tendancy to move a fair bit when hit but other than that it's great. I've replaced the strings as a couple broke early on but that was the only thing i've done. It's survived me taking it apart for a service and putting it back together. Even though i do a lot with it on stage the strap buttons haven't let me down once and although i've only dropped it once, it's absolultely fine.

There were no flaws in the guitar itself when it came. Unfortunately, the box and thus the guitar was a little damp. I had to do nearly all of the setting up myself, i.e. adjusting pickups, tuning, raising the bridge, etc, but i can't say that i didn't expect this and it didn't overly bother me.

I bought this guitar a couple of years ago (it's a May 2007 model). I believe it was made in Korea. It is Vintage white and has an alder body a bolt on mahogany neck with all chrome hardware - very nice to look at. It has 2 Open Coil HBS Pickups that are passive and uses the Epi tune-o-matic bridge. There are twenty-two frets and the neck is fairly slim, so easier to play. It has four controls: The rhythm pickup treble and volume and the neck pickup treble and volume. There is also a three way pickup selector: bridge, both, rhythm. Standard strap buttons.