G-310 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-310

Price paid: C$ 150

Purchased from: Some Guy

I'm a Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Aerosmith, Beatles, Rolling Stones kinda guy, I play their songs through a Peavy Viper amp, and it sounds rather unclean, like there's a haze in the noise that doesn't give you that clear sound, its very noisy, but it isn't too bad if you get used to it, this guitar has a rather Spread out variety, anywhere from metal to blues, it can accomplish it.

This guitar is a good match for my style of music, its a very universal guitar, despite that its just cheap, I will always remember it as my first electric guitar, If somebody asked me if this would be a good guitar, I'd say it would be good as a first gutiar. However if you have more than a year of experience under your belt, I suggest you hit another review. I wish it had better pickups so it wouldn't sound like shit coming through a Peavy amp.

Personally I would never, EVER take this guitar out on a stage unless I was trying to make wierd sounds for the audience. I would always have another guitar, if I had to use this one I would have a backup, maybe two, nearby. I've never had any problems with the straps coming off. The finish doesn't vary very easily, you'd probably have to play the hell out of it to make it wear off.

Being one of my first guitars when I bought it, it wasn't set up, just took it out of the bag, tuned it and played it. The Bridge is ok, the body is ok, but the tuners constantly loose their tune, and the neck is insane loose, you can lean forward with the guitar in your lap and the note will drop up a pitch, you bend the neck and you have to retune the guitar. The controls were pretty much perfect, nothing wrong with them, exept I did need to get a new locking nut for the jack hook-up, the original had stripped out, according to long and mcquade, it happens quite commonly, so they have many in stock. There's been nothing wrong with the body, it just fingerprints easily but nothing you can do about that. I've never had any strap troubles, its never come off the strap and hit the floor.

I do belive this is a 2003 model, it says made in china on a sticker above the bolt-on neck plate. -22 frets -Alder Body, Rosewood Neck -Jet Black finish -SG style -Tun-o-matic Bridge -Passive, HBS pickups -3 way selector Switch, 2 tone knobs, 2 vol. knobs -Non-locking tuners -Soft-case included