G-310 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-310

Price paid: € 180

Purchased from: K'n'B Music, Maynooth, Ireland

It seems to suit most styles. I mostly play alot of rock and it sounds good the vast majority of the time. I play it through a Zoom G2.1U multi effects unit and a Roland cube practice amp.the guitar can sometimes be a bit noisy but usually it's fine. It has quite a full sound. You can get lots of vareity between the 2 pickups.

I mostly play rock and it sounds good for this. I've been playing for 4 years. I also own a cheap Strat copy and two acoustics, a Zoom G2.1U mfx unit and a Roland cube amp. If it was stolen I would buy it again. I love this guitar. There is nothing about it I hate. I love the way it looks sounds and feels.

I haven't playedd this guitar live yet but I would say it'd be ok. The hardware seems pretty good but you can some times have a problem or two with the jack socket. As i've said before the strap buttons are fairly crap. This guitar is very dependable. The finish seems quite hardwearing.

This guitar has great low action, without any buzz (most of the time!). The pickups were very good, I didn't have to make any adjustments. The only thing I could find wrong with it was a pair of really awful strap buttons, but a pair of strap locks sorted that out.

I don't know when this guitar was made, but I would say it is recently. I think it was made in Indonesia.It has 22 frets, I'm not sure what type. It has a bolt on mahogany neck and an alder body. My one has a black finish which seems to stand up to wear and tear well. Iit's body is modelled on a '67 SG. It has a tune-o-matic bridge.Volume and tone controls for both pickups. 3 way selector switch. 2 open coil humbucker pickups, not sure what make, but nothing too fancy. I don't know the brand of tuners but it seems to stay in tune well. I bought it on its own, I think a cable might have come with it but that was it.

NHECOS
    Man... how can some guys rate this axe with 9-10 scores??? You guys really need to start messing with other guitar to have at least something to compare to.
    tyedyeexplorer3
    personally if someone stole this from my past experience with the 310 they'd be bringing it back where even that lowlife couldn't rate it a 5
    leftinflinflon
    Yeah: had one of these, got it for my son, awful cheap guitar, very poor attachement to the neck, the finish is garbage and the tonal qualities are very narrow. Nothing here, the frets were sticking out from the fret board, hard to set up, loose rod in the neck and really low end electronics/tuning gears. Seriously, its like a toy guitar. this guitar is only entry level, your first electric, but god forbid if it should be your last. The good thing about it, if it gets stolen.....who cares.
    NemX162
    I never understood why people don't just get the G400. From the sounds of it, it's a lot better, and only a little more money.
    wafflecrisp
    Seref wrote: Alder + SG makes me sad
    Me too, but my buddy has one of these(a red one) and it sounds decent.
    Gary.Blizzard
    What's with all the tens? Is this the best guitar ever made? Come on. Ten is the top. Ten is perfect. As far as I'm concerned, ten is unobtainable. Nothing is a ten.