G-310 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-310

Purchased from: AltoMusic

I'm only rating this eight because the stock pickups aren't superb. The sound is great though and believe me, it plays ANYTHING. The pickups handle everything well, but upgrade them when you can. I use a Vox AmPlug Lead and it sounds really good! I don't feel I need effects because the only effects I like, I make. The variety of sounds you can get from this beast are too long to list, and with pedals/effects forget it. The guitar is nice and quiet, no annoying hum or anything. I would COMPLETELY recommend this guitar to anyone who plays mid-high gain stuff, it redefines that area. This guitar also plays smooth stuff excellently, very warm clean tones!

I like mid-high gain stuff and when it comes to soloing, words don't come. I'm glad I chose this guitar as my first and I'm gonna use it forever. If it were stolen I would track it down, period. I've got to say I love it for everything, especially it's sound. The whole enchilada is a big 10/10 as soon as the pickups are upgraded!. I only wish it had come to me sooner.

This guitar can and WILL last forever, it'll only get better with age. You may want to get new tone knobs though, in a couple years. The hardware will totally last if you don't want to upgrade. You can depend on this guitar, no backup needed. This guitar is a fraction of what it's worth, with the pickups upgraded this will stand right next to a $3000 or more SG.

The guitar was set up excellently except for a twanging buzz on the thin E string 1st fret. I'm getting that fixed though, nothing expensive or difficult. The guitar came with standard 9 gauge strings, not bad at all. I only rated this 9 because the buzz. Immediate 10 otherwise.

This guitar was made in Indonesia, it has a mahogany bolt-on neck and body. The scale(height) is 24.75". The fingerboard is rosewood and has 22 frets, it plays really nice. The neck radius is 12 inches (GREAT reach). The look of the classic cutaway body gets a 10 on its own! This guitar has a Locktone Tuno-o-matic bridge which means great sustain and tone. It's got passive humbuckers, a 650R bridge and 700T Neck and a 3 way pickup selector. There is a tone and a volume control knob for each pickup, plastic but good quality. It came with a cable and it's pretty nice (good length). Also, the guitar just looks incredible.

meard
    how can you guys disagree with each other sooo much ?? Surely if someone likes it, they like it, no need to quote and merely disagree for the sake of it. Ive been playing for over 20 years now and if ive learnt anything in guitar choice it is that everyone is different and has their OWN preferences. Also if all these cheap guitars where as crap as these guys are saying then they would stop selling/making them. Guitars are personal items, just because 1 person doesnt like it doesnt mean everyone has to dislike it.
    K33nbl4d3
    No. Coming from a big Epiphone fan, this is total bollocks.
    MaggaraMarine
    Sirk K review: "It came with a cable and it's pretty nice." The cables that come with Epiphone guitars are pure garbage. It sucks your tone and mine didn't even work properly. "With the pickups upgraded this will stand right next to a $3000 or more SG." It won't. "I use a Vox AmPlug Lead and it sounds really good!" Oh, c'mon. At least use a real amp instead of Amplug. I mean, there's nothing wrong with using an Amplug but you really can't judge the tone by not even playing through a real amp.
    alles7
    i paid a bit extra for a g-400 korina and with a few upgrades like grover tuners and dimarzio d'activators she plays and sounds like a dream, like a much more expensive guitar.
    charlie21r
    Are the stock strings any good? 'cause I heard they tend to break, like in a few days!
    FXPenulla
    Hi, just got one about a little over a month ago, no regrets! Please check my youtube video demos of my guitars, and feel free to comment! Ibanez GAX30 -
    Epiphone G-310 -