G-310 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-310

Purchased from: Crescendo Music Philippines

My band's focus is mainly writing original material, but my influences as a guitarist cover almost all sub genres of rock. I do a little bit of everything (From bluesy licks of SRV, Hendrix, and Mayer on the neck pup. Some Dimebag and Hammett licks thanks to Andy James! Funk rock riffing of Morello and Frusciante on the bridge pup. Some psychedelic effects from Einziger and Lopez, and even some Mars And Mraz). But I am telling you, I am no virtuoso, just a random Joe, who loves playing with his guitar-o! Anyway the guitar seems to handle all the genres I play.

It fits my style of playing. I learned to play acoustic guitar when I was 14, and played with bands in high school and college, but I didn't have my own electric guitar and I just used guitars from friends from other bands during jam sessions and gigs. I've never been really been serious about it until I got my first electric guitar which was an Ibanez GAX30 about 3-4 years ago, which I still have. Since then I have been playing at least an hour every day after work. I play my guitars in this set up (in order): Guitar - Korg Pitchblack - Morley Power Wah - EHX Little Big Muff - DigiTech Death Metal - Boston Noise Gate - DAno Fish n Chips EQ - Mooer Pitch Box - VS Garagetone Phaser - VS Garagetone Tremolo - Boss CE5 - Ibanez DE7 - Boston M15 Amplifier. If it gets stolen, well I would beat up that dude t('_'t). I would probably be getting a Epi G-400PRO as a replacement or a Squier Tele Custom II, which will probably be both in the US$450-500 here in the Philippines. I compared it to a Epi Les Paul Special II, Epi SG Special, Epi G400/G400PRO and some guitars in the Cort Zenox line, and some Hamer X Series guitars. I chose this because it left me some moolah to purchase a noise gate, instead of getting the G400, I didn't like the finish on some Cort guitars available at that time, the Hamer ones are a little out of my budget like the G400, so I got this. It is a very good guitar for beginner to intermediate players. I just wish it had chrome covered pickups like EMG or Tesla and bell top knobs so it would look very identical to a 1967 Gibson SG, which are the mods I will be doing in the near future. Overall, I would recommend this to a friend/bandmate looking for a guitar in the $300 - $400 range here in the Philippines. Please check my video demos for my guitars! Epiphone G-310:

YouTube preview picture
Ibanez GAX-30:
YouTube preview picture
Cheers from the Philippine Islands!

I had it for just 2 months but was originally looking to get a G-400 to replace my Ibanez GAX-30. I didn't have the extra $100.00 for the G-400 so I got this. I have gigged with it twice. The first was an 8 song set list at a company event, and the second was a 3 song set list at an underground scene gig, both times without back up. The strap buttons seem sturdy. I was satisfied with my sound and the guitar did not get out of tune thanks to the Grover tuners. I am extra careful with it since its still pretty new so I can't judge how long the finish will last but it does feel thick.

The guitar was set up pretty well, the action was okay but I lowered it a little bit. The pick ups were a little low but its okay. You don't need no rocket science to adjust them. No flaws on the guitar. The strings were I believe a gauge 10. The guitar was very shiny and seem so elegant in ebony (was probably just sick of seeing my GAX-30 in transparent red).

Before I begin, I am gonna rate the guitar considering the price range it belongs to. The guitar was made in Indonesia. It has a bolt-on neck made of mahogany with rosewood fretboard. It has 22 medium jumbo frets. The body is made of mahogany and has the standard SG shape finished in ebony. It is equipped with Lock Tone Tune-O-Matic bridge. The pick ups are passive, 650R humbucker on the neck and 700T humbucker on the bridge. It has a 3 way pick up selector and a volume and tone knob for each pickup. It comes with non-locking Grover tuners. It did not come with any freebies just a box, Allen wrench, manual, a poster and an Epiphone sticker.

grea789
    as Adam implied I'm shocked that you able to earn $7328 in one month on the internet. did you look at this page Great70dotcom