G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-400

Purchased from: Buzz Music

I play Black Sabbath and my own music so this guitar suits that well. I don't use it much anymore, it is now a backup guitar. The amp I use with this is a Laney GH50L 4X12 cabinet. A Korg AX10G Effects Processor handles all the effects that I use such as delays and chorus effects. I also use a Vox Brit Boost and a Zakk Wylde Wah. This guitar actually surprised me with the sound capabilities. The pickups in this guitar are actually pretty good. A little muddy but not too bad.

This is a good match for the music I play. It seems to be really good for clean tones so that is what I use it for now. I leave the heavy songs for my Gibson Tony Iommi SG. I have been playing for 6 years now and own a few SGs, 2 Epiphone, 2 Gibson SGs and 1 J&D SG. If it were lost or stolen I probably would get another one or maybe the G-400 Vintage. The only thing I hate about it is that the colour shows up all the fingerprints, but that's just what you get I suppose. I did compare this to a Standard Gibson SG but it was a little out of my price range at the time.

Well this guitar isn't used for live playing it is the backup. The hardware dose seem like it will last. The strap buttons are very solid. I think this guitar will be around as long as me.

The guitar was set up fine from the factory. The action was low just how I like it and the pickups were exactly where I would want them. The guitar did not contain any flaws whotsoever.

The G-400 features a classic double cutaway shape with 2 humbuckers, chrome hardware, 24.75" scale, Mahogany neck and body, and Rosewood fingerboard with trapezoidal inlays.

Constantine
    Devil boy wrote: HA i got the epiphone SG limited with maestro tremolo for 390!! You were ripped off m8
    HA he got it for 570 AMERICAN DOLLARS. You bought yours for 390 BRITISH POUNDS. 390 British pounds = About 800 AMERICAN DOLLARS. HA, You were ripped off "m8"
    ifeastonbums
    America has the highest dollar value, why do u think he rest of the world compare's their dollar value to the US's
    No, money values all over the world change all the time to help keep prices some what steady no one's dollar is the always the highest and people compare to USDs because The United States are an econimic superpower
    crazychops
    KaiserX wrote: i dont understand why you would throw nearly 600 dollars on an epiphone when you can get an actual Gibson for maybe 50 to 100 dollars more. you might as well no?
    YOU ARE BY FAR THE BIGGEST IDIOT WHEN IT COMES TO GITARS. An epiphone g-400 is 400 CAD (300 USD), The absolute cheapest gibson sg is the special faded and it is $1000 CAD. If by 100$ more you mean 600 then yes you should buy a gibson. And besides the people who buy epiphone want a professional grade guitar at a LOW PRICE. They dont want to spend 1000 on what is probably their first guitar. after saying that, iver been playing for about 4 years now and i was auctually quite fond of this guitar. It reminded me of my gibson sg standard, but you can feel the difference with qualuity. I would recomend it to anyone starting out because it is a good guitar\.
    bullets aswords
    this guitar is awesome, nothing is wrong with mine, mine is great, but it might be that yours isnt customized. BUY THIS GUITAR IF YOU GET A CHANCE!
    adamshakermaker
    tasty licks wrote: Everything is too expensive in England. I'd expect to get raped and pay way more for a guitar, considering a meal at macdonalds costs you like 15 dollars. If I lived in england I'd still buy guitars on ebay from the US and beg to have them shipped. Still end up cheaper I'd say. No wait, if I lived in England I'd shoot myself because using the word 'wanker' would cease being funny.... and it rains too much.
    Its better than saying 'Awesome!' all the time and that 'rocks!' or that 'sucks!'. God no wonder everyone hates Americans, awesome!
    KaiserX
    iNsTiNcT_bLuEs
    i got one of these for christmas last year and while it has a prety awsome sound it dus tend to play itself out of tune a fair bit and some cracks are startin to come up near the input for the lead
    Slash_Rulz
    ACTUALLY the pound has the highest value, followed by the euro, then the american dollar...sadly the aussie dollar is somewhere after these... :-(
    wmzbomgzors
    Actually the euro has a much higher value than the american dollar, not sure if it is the highest in the world but it is definitely higher than the american dollar.
    KVX10 KING V
    Actually it was $570 Australian Dollars, which is more than American Dollars
    cman727
    i dont know where you got yalls, but mines perfect. it stays in tune, and the neck amazing. maybe its cause i had mine customized
    acdc51502112
    let me say one thing, i have one and I F***** hat the thing!!! doesn't stay in tune and the necks aren't consistent they suck get somethign else!!!
    Eric 666
    Who the hell pays 570 Dollars in this case, for an Epiphone SG....get a Les Paul FFS!
    Devil boy