G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-400

I tune down all the time, always playing System Of A Down, it suits it really well, I plug into a Boss me, 50 multi-effects processor with an Ashton 40 watt amp, the amp had crap distortion so that's why I bought the pedal, it can make any sound you like on it. this guitar sounds like the god's themselves made it, I'd never give it up.

Like I said before I play a lot of metal, mostly System Of A Down, and it's a perfect match with there new and old stuff, I only got it last month and it's still perfect, I wish I'd asked for one with varnish, but they didn't have any on shelf, if it were stolen I'd probably buy a Gibson to see the difference, I love everything on it, I just hate the way it tilts without a lock strap. The one thing I want is varnish, once I have it, that's it.

I don't see this guitar needing any setups anytime soon, probably next year, just to retain it's fresh new look and quality, this guitar is a tank, I hit it everywhere and there isn't even a scratch or tiny dent anywhere, if you get a Gibson SG, you'd be too worried about going nuts with it because it might hit something, with this guitar, I think, well, nothing's gonna happen to it. everything on it is strong and in place, I depend on it fully, I've already played a gig with it, and it pulled through perfectly.

The action on the little e needs to be adjusted, it's really audible when you tune down, but when you don't it's unaudible. I really don't know how you can adjust pick ups, so I'll just leave that. No flaws, I really want varnish on it, like I said before it didn't come with it to really represent that 60's original electric guitar feel. I only want it to give it that more of a smooth, shiny finish.

First of all, great guitar, the original strings suked ass, so I got some D'Adario 10 gauges, now it's sounds much beit's a brand new model, the only weired thing is, it didn't have varnish on it! I really can't decide if I want it put on or if I should leave it, but it looks great without it, I just want that extra kick to it, the fret board is a 22 fret mahogany with trapezoid fret dots, the body is also mahogany and is a beautiful faded cherry finish, I think it has a Tune-O-Matic bridge, it has a 3 way selectorwith 2 volume 3 tone, the pickup switch actually came with an orange switch, so my friend just markered it black. The pickups are Epiphone humbuckers, made by Gibson, with silver grover tuning keys. I really need a strap lock, because the neck is heavier than the body, so if I let go of the neck, the whole guitar flips.