G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-400

Purchased from: Guitar Center, Appleton WI

Ok. I play heavy metal like Avenged Sevenfold and System Of A Down. This guitar is the ideal guitar for heavy metal music. I am currently playing it out of my Line 6 Spider 2 amp. I can hit riffs from songs like Bat Country and BYOB, then switch it over and hit some nirvana. This guitar is so fricken easy to play and it has a bright sound, and the tone amazing. I played this along side of my friends real Gibson SG and you couldnt tell the difference. I can get a harmonic response like nothing. I can hit pinches without really trying. I've only been playing for a about a year or so, and this is my 2nd guitar. I have upgraded from a little Squier Strat. This is a total blowout compared to that little bundle of misury with the single coil pickups.

I'm super impressed with this guitar. I actually bought it on mistake. I am a loyal fan to Avenged Sevenfold. I used to think that Zacky vengence was the lead guitarist to that band. Wrong I was. Also, I thought he played a SG from watching the video Unholy Confessions. But it turns out that they both play schecters. So I pretty much bought the wrong guitar, and it was the best guitar that I will ever need to buy a guitar that's better than this one.

This guitar is a for sure Live player. I play in a metal band, and I get comments all the time on this guitar. I play Live shows all the time and people seem to like it. It has an amazing sound, and everytime I hit solos, I get everone to mosh. The hardware will definately last because I treat this thing like a baby. The strap buttons suck, as stated in the previous paragraph. I can more than 150% sure in my head that I can depend on this. I would never use it as a backup because I can't think of any guitars that come close to this thing.

I think that the set up was pretty decent, but it could be better. I had to dick with the pickups for awhile untill I got a decent sound out of them. They were up to far so when I would strum, it would hit on the pickup. The other problem I had with it is that the D string tuner was super loose, infact it was so loose that it wouldn't hold a tune for anything. But that was an easy fix, and a minute later, it was where it should be. But the worst flaw with this thing is that the strap spots aren't mounted the best, and the neck wants to go right to the ground. But I think I might remount it in the way that a Strat has.

This is a Epiphone SG G-400. I believe it was set up in Japan, but it was inspected in USA. There are 22 Frets on a Rosewood Fretboard. It has a pretty decent finish. There are 2 classic Gibson humbucking pickups with a 3 way selector. It has Grover tuners. I jewd the ladie that sold me the guitar so that she threw in a gig bag, stand, and some strings (which were GHS boomers, and I don't really like those because the rust really bad).

metallicman
    im thinkin about buying this guitar with my xmas money but i played both the epiphone and the sg and obviously the gibson is gonna be better but i was thinkin to myself is it 300 better? hmm i prefer the look of a gibson over epiphone anyday but id seem happy enough with the epiphone sg instead and since i use a POD anyways i dont think id notice the difference lol id say go for it!
    fire within
    when i got it, they guy in the shop thought it was a G-310, so i got it for 169 no complaining there
    hooligan07
    matteo cubano
    hooligan07 wrote: i am noob and am wondering...for the price what guitar is better,the lp-100 or the g-400? i wanna play punk/oi! and social distortion, rancid type stuff
    definetely go with the g 400