G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-400

It is good for what the Gibson SG Does just a little down in sound compared to the Gibson. I use a Roland Cube 30 and the Tweed effect at full gain to give a retro (Cream, Wolfmother, Jimi Hendrix) Sound. It can sound bright and pretty Bass depending on your amp settings and it is good for nailing solo's going up and down on scales. It worth the price I paid for it for sound reasons.

Its good for classic rock to punk to metal (But I usely skip the last one with it). If I lost it I would jump straight onto Ebay or Sell.com and buy a Second hand Gibson SG instead of this guitar just because I love the better quallity sound. I compared it to the cheap $400 - $600 Fender Squir Strats and it flogged it. I Love It Though and couldn't Live a day without out it (Unless I had the real Gibson SG, money).

It will definetly stand a month of touring and it withstands a lot of scratches and dints. It should last for over 5 - 10 years and the hard wear will probably last longer than the guitar itself. I have only been playing for 2 years and haven't even done a gig with it but it's my only electric guitar so I guess it would stand a gig without a backup.

It all turned out pretty good except the paint job could be a bit brighter and the input jack is so loose that it will come undone and make a loud buzz on your amp. The Tunning Pegs could be tighter though. The rest is all good. The pickups are fine and the knobs are tight and it's tune o matic bridge is perfect.

My version has the cherry paint job. I don't know whenit was made (but it was pretty recent because it has grover tuners and the older models of this guitar don't have this feature). It has 22 frets jumbo to medium I think, It has to Alcino Mgnetic Pickups on a solictop body made of Mahogany that has a double cuttaway. It bridge is a tune o matic and the tail piece I have removed and added a Bigsby B5 (Awseme). It has two volume and two tone controls and a three way selector.

telepath14
    mjj4 : sggod01 : be4 the first ad brake 1. its before not be4 2. its break not brake you dumb f**k*ng tw*t, brake is one of those things in a car that slows you down idiot. break is a pause in time or when something gets broken... do you know anything? i you should learn to spell and learn what words mean before you come and leave pathetic comments on here. g'day mate f'off pric
    If you are going to correct people's grammar, you should capitalize the first letter of every sentence. Also, is it worth spending the extra cash for one of those vintage finish Gibsons that are cheaper than other Gibsons?
    themuseman
    Man, I love my new G400 Got it 3 days ago, and I've fallen in love with it. Best thing is, I got it brand new for 200. It was reduced from 400 to 200
    therussian
    I'm hoping to get it soon. I found a left handed G-400 online for only $314, so I'm ready to jump on that offer whenever I have the chance.