G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-400

Purchased from: local dealer

I mostly play metal and hard rock but it sounds perfect doing any style, I run it through a DigiTech multifx and a Laney amp, the neck pickup has a very good tone for soloing and the neck pickup when in clean channel has a very nice clear soun, but crank the gin and it has a very, vey fat and owerful sound, perfect for metal, this is probably the moost versatile guitar I have played on, it's perfect for any style.

Since I play metal I mostly usea the gain on 10 and there's a little buzz but that's from the amp, I own another epi and they are both great, if lost or stolen I would not hesitate about buyin another one, I love every single thing on this guitar excepting the rear strap button, when at the store I played both this and a Gibson SG Standard and there's no reason for it costing like four times less, I would still buy it if it was twice it's price.

excellent for Live playing, great sound at great volume, very durable hardware, since the strap button is at the rear of the body the neck keeps going down so it might fall, no need for a backup with this guitar, totally reliable, never had a problem and the finish is great, flaweless and it won't scatch.

The guitar came with a good setup from de factory, the action was low but I lowered it even more and it's perfect, the neck is fast and very confortable, the pickups height also came perfect, no buzz no nothing, totally flaweless, perfect as it came and it stays in tunning for a long time.

Mine was made in china, late 2005, it has 22 jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboad and mahogany neck and body, the finish is transparent cherry red which looks pretty cool, the tune-o-matica bridge gives it great sustain, two alnico humbuckers with two tone, two volume and three way selector, grover tuners.

in*limbo
    i bought mine a few months ago it plays beautiful, in my band i play rythm, so this is perfect, but id still stick wif a strat or telecaster for lead, they js sound better in lead then the G-400. maybe its js me??? any1 else think the same??