G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-400

I play many different kinds of rock and metal, mostly heavier stuff. I really like the individual tone and volume controls for each humbucker. It sounds really great with heavy distortion but it's versatile and does very warm crisp clean tones as well. Right now I play through an RP80 effects pedal and my speaker system. I have played it through a B52 amp and Line 6 spider II&III amps. It sounded great through both of those amps so as soon as I have the money I'm going to get a nice amp.

Overall I love this guitar and later on I would like to purchase a Gibson SG. If it were lost or stolen I would without a doubt buy a new one. Like I said before I play a mostly hard rock and metal and this guitar fits it perfectly from the way it looks and sounds. Absolutely no regrets in purchasing this guitar!

This guitar can and definitely will withstand Live playing. It looks and feels very solid and shows no signs of breaking or wearing out. As I said before the finish is very nice but because it is black gloss it fingerprints very easily. The guitar is somewhat top heavy but it only takes a little getting used to.

This guitar looks great. Much much better than the pictures you see online. I love the silver hardware and silver pickups, it looks soooo nice. The inlays have a very nice pearl look to them and it flows very well with the rest of the guitar. It was set up great at the factory, so far I haven't needed to adjust anything.

The Epiphone G-400 Electric Guitar is a Gibson-authorized version of their great '62 SG with solid mahogany body and slim-tapered mahogany neck. Separate volume and tone controls for each of the high-output humbuckers and 22 frets. The tuners are grover I'm not sure if they lock or not. The Bridge is a Tune-O-Matic. It was made in China and fully inspected and setup in the USA.

spiroth10
    I have a limited edition G400 I recently got in Alpine White, and let me tell you, the G400 series really blows away the lower quality Epi SGs. Sure, the Gibsons are better, but this is an affordable, quality guitar. let me tell you this, there is always something better, and if you absolutely must have top of the line equipment to sound good, then you suck. This guitar plays great for the price when set up well, and the pickups are great. Believe it or not I would (and probably will) gig with this guitar in stock condition. While it isn't a $1000+ gibson with all the appointments, I remain confident that if you replaced the pickups with a set of burstbuckers, you'd get almost exactly the same sound.