G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-400

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

This guitar is built for metal, but not that's not really what I'm into, I got it because I love Metallica, and they use emg 81, and I love their tone. The clean tone is pretty nice, bright sound. Not the best for clean, but if your playing a punk or metal song, it's great.

I play some kind of experimental/prog stuff, and punk and regular rock, and this finds it's way in alot. I have been playing for 2 years, and this is my nicest guitar and most expensive so far.If it were lost or stolen, I would find those responsible and kill them, but I would probably try out a different guitar. I like Epiphone a great deal, gibsons are nice, but way to expensive, and the high end epis are just as good I think. I just wish it came with a hard case. this is a great guitar, everyone should try it, or buy it if they have the money.

I think this guitar is a bit fragile, I have put 2 dents in the finish, but those were accidents and happened in an emergency I was having. The hardware is all very sold, except the strap buttons, the one near the neck isnt in a good position, and you should install locks so the strap doesnt't come off and you drop it.

The guitar came perfect, I haven't had to adjust it, and I have had it for 6 months now. The pickups are nice and solidly in place, and they sound great. The guitars finish was perfect, nothing wrong at all. This is by far one of the best feeling and looking guitars I have seen, the white is so crisp and matches the black pick guard and black covers of the emgs.

This guitar was made in either Korea, or China. It is a G-400 with EMG active pickups, 22 frets, made of mahoganey. It has a solid apline white finish, and it is beuatiful! It has an EMG 81/85 pickup configuration, and they sound awesome with distoriton, and pretty good with just a clean tone. The bridge is a fixed Tune-O-Matic, and the tuners are Grover non locking type. It came in a cardboard box, with a cable, a poster, and the warranty. Oh, and this was made in 2006.

Korzack
    sggod01 wrote: adamshakermaker wrote: tasty licks wrote: Everything is too expensive in England. I'd expect to get raped and pay way more for a guitar, considering a meal at macdonalds costs you like 15 dollars. If I lived in england I'd still buy guitars on ebay from the US and beg to have them shipped. Still end up cheaper I'd say. No wait, if I lived in England I'd shoot myself because using the word 'wanker' would cease being funny.... and it rains too much. Its better than saying 'Awesome!' all the time and that 'rocks!' or that 'sucks!'. God no wonder everyone hates Americans, awesome! America dusn't suk, it fuken rox, and i'm australian, i have no association with america, u suk, have u ever watched euro vision, my friend sed he'd have a sip of beer every time a pommy whinged, and he fuken died be4 the first ad brake, lol, seriosly tho, no offence 2 any1.
    Haha the Eurovosion's hardly a way to compare British culture by itself. That's British CHAV culture, there is a subtle difference... or 500. The guitar's damn decent - could get hold of 1 for 178 now - GAK, you're a legend, even if it is based in brighton
    DarkHarmonix
    i have played one of these guitars and it had a very solid sound, but I would recommend keepin both tone knobs in the treble position. Other than that, this guitar rocks!!!
    liam177lewis
    mjj4 wrote: do you know anything? i you should learn to spell f'off pric
    temper... owned yourself there too didnt you
    tai1221
    To anyone who reads the review by me, mine is different, it is alpine white, and has emgs, and its way better than the regulary g-400.
    spiroth10
    I have the same one as tai, except it has alnico humbuckers instead of EMGS. I am really not a fan of EMGs, I'm sorry.
    Ibeatonthebrat
    I have the same model in the classic cherry color. This is my favorite guitar. It plays amazingly well. What pisses me off is when people say, "Well, it certainly is no Gibson." It's the same quality. Just take care of it. It'll last forever. This guitar is perfect for for AC/DC fans. And people, LEARN HOW TO SPELL.
    Peter Vibratio
    I love the epiphone models over the gibson models. The epiphone models just take a little time to adjust since the retailer doesn't normally do that (which is why normal squiers, epiphones, etc. suck to a lot of people.) Gibson is pretty much the same damn thing, but less work and more mulah.