G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-400

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

The guitar definetly suits my music style. I play classic rock, blues, and hard rock, and the guitar is definetly a beast for all genres. I am currently using it with a Marshall MG100HDFX half-stack. The guitar gets a bit muddy at times, but that's because of the pickups. When cranked high, there is a little but of hum, that does get quite annoying. The guitar is very flexible, I can reach a lot of different tones out of it. You can really make the guitar scream if you know what you're doing.

I really like this guitar, which is why I am currently upgrading it as much as I can to make it sound to it's fullest potential. I recommend this guitar to you the fullest, but only buy it if you're willing to adjust and adjust and upgrade! I always compare it to gibsons and such at the music store, and it can compete with them in every way! I hope you look forward to the G-400.

I can depend on it, I throw it around alot, but never really smacked it hard off anything. I would use it for gigging, I already am using it for live performances and local things. The finish is good, except the fact that it is so fragile, dropping a deodorant stick on it puts a lil crack into the finish.

The guitar was just typically set up at the factory. When I got the guitar, I had to do a lot of adjusting to get it to my preferences. Lot's of action adjustment, pickup height adjustments, etc. But afterwards, the work was rewarded. The knobs get loose alot, and there is a missing bolt on the back pot cover.

The guitar was made in Korea in 1998. It has 22 frets, the whole body is made of korina type wood. It has a rosewood fretboard. Grover tuners, Tune-O-Matic stopbar / bridge. Came with unknown model of Dimazrio passive pickups. 3-way pickup selector, with 2 volume knobs, 2 tone knobs. Pearl trapezoid fret inlays.