G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-400

I play a lot of hard rock and metal so I like to jump and thrash around while playing like Angus Young so this guitar is great because it is particularly light. I use it through a Marshall MDG30FX to practice and a Marshall MDG100FX playing Live. It sounds great with my EMG configuration, but before I felt that this guitar could have some more punch and the pickups just werent delivering. it's got so much flexibility from high squeal to low "buzz saw" type spounds.

This guitar is amazing. Great for beginners and everything other than the weak pick ups deliver for a great punch. I've been playing for 5 years and never once has I let me down. Which is the reason why I don't have any ohter gear. If it were lost I'd find the asshole who took it and beat the shit out of them, but if that wasn't an option I'd buy a new one. Again the only thing that was bad was the pickups everything else is amazing. I recommend ernie ball strings becuse they've lasted the longest out of every string I've tried. I wish that Gibson would put the short lyre vibrola tremelo back into production because it would make such a great addition to an already amazing guitar.

This guitar has put up with a lot of beatings I probably would leave the back up at home, the hardware will definitley last although I just needed to tighten the nuts after a year. The strap buttons hold up well but I don't recommmend playing upside down and twisting it around because the strap fell off once. This guitar is so dependable. The finish after my beatings has lasted very nicely and is only cracking where I set it on fire and where it it the ground the onlt time the strap buttons failed which was in the same spot as the fire.

When I first bought it I could have went and played a gig, the strings held up for quite a while and were perfectly in tune. The pickups well you know by now were great for s beginner but they were weak once I got better. This guitar was perfect from the moment I bought it until I brought it home and knocked it against my wall.

This sucker is a chinese version of the Gibson SG. It's got 22 frets, a mahogany neck, mahogany body, Tune-O-Matic bridge with a stop bar, grover tuners and a cherry red finish. It's the standard double cutaway SG form two volume two tone switches and a three way toggle switch. Great guitar only I got mine with a full pick guard not the usual half you would see on the regular G-400. The pick ups are very weak that's the only problem I had with it. I play hard rock/metal so I put and EMG 60 in the neck and an EMG 81 in the bridge and now it's packs a huge punch.

vampirevalo
    i reeeeeli want one of these...but i want one of the later models...but none of the 07' models seem to hav a black plate thingy (excuse me for not knowing the correct terms) this aside...i need the money first...any ideas? lol