G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-400

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

I love the sound of the G400. I just got it today for Christmas and love it. I just traded in my Fender Strat, and this is a huge improvement on sound. I play through a 25-watt Traynor bass amp, with a Line 6 UberMetal distortion pedal. I've noticed how much better the pickups are than on my Strat and it sounds slightly louder aswell. I play heavy metal and classic rock and the G400 suits it perfectly. It's got a nice, warm heavy sound without any noise. This guitar has a large variety of sounds, even without changing the settings on a pedal. Palm muting also sounds great and it's got awesome sustain tone.

This guitar is amazing as a 2nd or 3rd guitar and suits any sort of music with guitar distortion. It's a great guitar for heavy metal especially. I would buy this guitar ASAP if it were stolen and wouldn't even consider anything else at the same price. I love the shape of this guitar 'cause all the frets are reachable and the finish is shiny. This is my 2nd guitar and I'm 100% pleased with it! It's so much better than my Strat and only cost around 150$ more.

The strap buttons on this are very reliable. On my Strat the strap would fall off all the time and it doesn't fall off on my G400. I would definately use this at a gig without a backup. I see no reason why the hardware wouldn't last and everything is great. The finish is also perfect!

This guitar was set up great. It's got only a few minor scratches because I got it at Long and Mcquade and you can go in and play them. They're barely noticeable though. There are no sharp edges of bad sanding jobs, the only thing is that they're is an extremely small amount of glue coming out of the sides of the trapezoid fret inlays.

This is a great guitar for only 310$. I'm not sure what year it was made in or where. It's got 22 frets which are all reachable thanks to the double cut-away. It's got a tune-o-matic bridge and it's made of mahogany. It's also got a thick neck which is great for me and my big hands. It's got 4 knobs, 2 volume and 2 tone and a 3-way selector switch (rhythm, both and treble). Unfortunately it didn't come with anything free.

Anjohl
    It's got nothing to do with racism, Frankthewolfman. It has to do with globalization, economics, and free trade. Here in Canada, the Chinese are starting to buy all our raw resources, outbidding Canadian companies due to trade agreements, and then selling the materials back at a gross markup to the same companies that got outbid. If that happens to your country, you will see what the problem wtih Chinese-made goods are.
    guyperson
    I just got mine today at Guitar Center for $299. Feels and sounds great for what it is. Upgrading from an Ibanez RG120, it's a big difference. It has really nice cleans. To vampirevalo: You mean the pickguard?