G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-400

This guitar is very very "Flexible", because I can play bluesier stuff and it sounds great. I can play Metal sounds great, Classic progressive anything. But I mainly play most types of rock. I play this guitar through a Boss Metal Zone, Electro-Harmonix Big Muff, Dunlop 535q Wah-Wah pedal, througha DigiTech RP80 multi effects which goes to my Marshall half stack. Through that it sounds great. I also play through my Line 6 Spider III 15 watt practice amp, at night.

Overall, this guitar is great for all ranges of playing skills. I myself am an intermediately skilled player and this guitar woks great for me, the price and the quality is just great. If this guitar was stolen I would have to save up for a while to buy it back so I would probably just save up even longer for an actual Gibson. Overall if you are a guitarist who is looking to buy a mid priced but good quailty Epiphone get this one.

This guitar isn't built like a tank, but it is still pretty strong. I've already got some minor dings in it ans I did find one bigger ding that you can't really see because of it's position. The hardware seems like it should be good for quite a while, but that doesn't mean I won't upgrade later on. If I was at a gig this would be all I need if I didn't need a diffrent tuning wich I probably would but other wise yes, I would take this without a backup.

I don't have much to say about this because all-in-all it's fine with me. Plays great for me everything seems to be working great on it. So really no complaints here. The pickups I don't really like the pickups themselfs but they were installed properly and everything and they are good for now. Everything seeems to be set up all fine and dandy. And if anything ever does go wrong it would my fault because I probably will drop it or something.

My Epiphone G-400 is first off a special edition metallic blue version. I'm not sure on the year of it, but it is a replica of a '62 Gibson SG model. I belive the parts were made in vietnam, but the guitar itself was assembled and inspected in the U-S of A. It has 22 frets (medium sized I belive) with pearl trapeziod inlays, on a rosewod fretboard. It has a solid mahogany double cutaway body, with a nice looking metallic light blueish finish. It has 2 Volume knobs, 2 Tone knobs, and a 3 way pickup selector. It has chrome hardware It has some sort of Chrome humbucker pickups, which I plan on buying better ones like EMG's or Seymour Duncan's, but the ones it came with are good enough for now. It's got grover tuners. It came with a hard shell case, with furry stuff on the inside. That was $50.00 extra though.

Ozzy 104
    Had one for a year,great 2nd guitar for low key gigs and practise. Nd i get wat Anjohl is sayin but that still doesnt stop Jeffo46 being a racist prick whos reasons were full of oles. my G400 is cchinese and it is a great guitar that i will continue to own for along time. (ps to all the losers arguing about McDonalds prices who gives a crap, their food is greasy and tastes like turds!)
    vitax
    the best made in china guitar ever!!!!! and the body shape is unique!!!!!