G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-400

Purchased from: A Close Friend

This guitar suits my style which is rock like AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, and Van Halen. You'd be suprised but this things got enough balls for tapping solo's like Eddie Van Halen but yet a really good clean sound. I run it through my Line 6 PODXT Live and my Fender FM 212R Amp. This guitar is so quiet if I forget to turn off my POD and amp you won't even notice it's on, there is no buzzing and no feed back even with the heaviest distortion my POD has. It can make just about anysound through the channels in my POD and amp.

I Play mostly rock with some grunge/punk. I have a Fender Jagmaster, a Squier Strat, a cheap acoustic, a Line 6 PODXT Live, a Fender G-DEC 15W Amp and a Fender FM212R 100W amp, A Yamaha NP-30 keyboard, and finally a Fender Standard Jazz Bass. I've been playing for about three years. If someone stole this guitar from me I'd hunt his brave ass down and kill the motherf--ker! The thing I love most is how easy it is to play, you don't have to reach around like a les paul and it sounds awesome distorted and clean. I dislike that you can't get one with a Floyd Rose but a bigsby will do.

This guitar's finish is awesome and it has withstood two different people bashing on it for a year so yeah it can take Live play. I've never had a strap button even come loose on this thing so I'd say this is a damn good guitar for Live play and yes it's reliable.

This guitar was awesome since the first day my friend bought it, I'm so glad he's upgrading to a White SG with three humbuckers and all gold hardware. There was nothing wrong with this beast of a guitar. The humbuckers were perfectly fine stock, I didn't have to get them adjusted at all. There was no flaws at all on this guitar except the first tone knob was loose but it slides right off and you can tighten the net so it was fine. But other than that this guiar was awesome stock.

This guitar was made in 2006. It has 22 Frets. It has a solid body with an all black finish with all chrome hardware and I added a Bigsby for the Bridge. It also has 2 Tone and 2 Volume with a 3 way selector switch. It has the two stock humbuckers and Grover tuners, which hold tune very well for having a bigsby. The only thing I wish it had is a Floyd Rose tremelo but Gibson and Epiphone don't come with them so I guess the bigsby will do.

Straddlin'
    Indeed. I was at a friends house over the easter weekend, and had a mess around on his dad's gibsion SG. I have to say the quality is very close to that of my own Epi G400. He himself has said that the quality of epis' has really come along way; that they are nigh identical to the gibson brand. How does having an epi make you a weener anyway? The only thing that's different is the name set into the headstock. Got mine for 175 new from my local PMT store. It's a beauty and sounds great through a Valvetronix. It makes ACDC, GNR, VR and Metallica sound awesome. Also play Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Motley Crue and RHCP on it.
    Shazazmic
    chubb666 wrote: because is spelt "B E C A U S E" not becuz, you silly american **** wit
    What does everyone have against America? Just because we're the world Superpower doesn't mean we're all ignorant *****s. All people are awesome, no matter where they're from.
    TheSlashman
    This ax is amazing (for the price) sometimes it is hard to stay in tune.Works great with heavy distortion, not so much with clean.
    DevilsDance76
    I played this beast at the music store the other day and I almost shit myself! What an amazing guitar for the price!! Definite buy....my mind is made up