G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-400

Price paid: A$ 569

Purchased from: cranbourne music

A very very clean and warm tone very rich and full and sounds great with the gain turned to 10. I play a lot of Acdc, Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, Rolling Stones, Metallica and it suits all these music styles. From rock to hard rock blues to metal it ticks the boxes of all of these genres.

Overall this is a beautiful guitar and well worth buying I've been Playing for 2 years and I have owned 5 guitars and this is probley my secound favourite to my Gibson sg. I love it and is magnificent for its price range. The only thing I don't like about this guitar is that the body and neck is all made of mahogany which means the head stock weighs the guitar down so if you let go of the neck the headstock will point downward to the floor. I chose this guitar originally because I want a SG at a low price. It was surely one the greatest choices I've made in my life.

I may have only had this shreding machine for a few moths but I can see the future of the great guitar. I can tell its gonna be long lasting and could last a life time. Its very durable and I would trust using it at gigs and not need a back up guitar. I play this guitar around 2-4 hours a day and no signs of it slowing down.

This guitar looks a feels professionly made everything is well adjusted to this wonderful guitar. Although I have noticed that the bolt on the input comes loose after a while and needs adjusting every now and again but still very well made. Also the pickup selector is a bit loud but all in all I love it!

I recently bourght a 2007 epi SG g400 with wine red finish this guitar also came with a free case. This is a truely magnificent 22 fretted mahogany body a necked guitar with humbucker pickups a tune-o-matic bridge 2 volume 2 tone dials 3 way selecter and grover tuners. Its a well designed guitar at a low price.

TheGoob
    I'm buying a G-400 off a friend of a friend and upgrading the pickups from the alnico ones but what set of pickups sound good on this? I play everything from country to metal.