G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-400

Purchased from: Local Musician

This Guitar has a nice sound, ideal for Rock. Though however can be quite versatile, with the right settings dialled in on your amp. It has great sustain (Which Gibson style Guitars are renowned for) It's not bright and twangy like a Fender. The Humbuckers deliver fairly deep low-end tone, it can get quite muddy so you have to mess around with the EQ on your amp. A pretty good tonal quality Guitar overall.

I play different styles, my original Music ranges from Britpop/Rock/Punk/Indie/Blues etc. I use this Guitar for most of my album recording sessions. You can hear tracks at http://www.reverbnation.com/andyhughes if you also want to hear the sound of the Guitar check it out! I've been playing Guitar for approx 4 years. I really like this Guitar, it's a decent replica of the original 1962 SG. Well recommended for the player on the budget that can't afford a proper Gibby. It does have it's flaws like any Guitar, it's very top heavy, so the neck drops if you don't hold on to it. I say it's a very good Guitar overall. Thanks for reading my review :)

This Guitar is good enough quality for gigging. I've used it pretty frequently at local pubs and clubs, it goes out of tune pretty easily with brand new strings but holds in very well eventually. SG's are quite fragile in comparison to Les Paul's but this Guitar is still very durable, it even got dropped on the floor once at a rehearsal and it was fine. The build quality is very good, similar to a Gibson. I've gigged without a backup before.

When I got it, the intonation was a bit out and the action could of been better. However I got it serviced and properly set up and now it plays like a dream, this is no big deal as many Guitars are badly set up when they come out of the factory.

SG Made in Korea 22 Frets, Scale Length: 24.75" Rosewood Fingerboard Solid-top Mahogany body and neck Cherry lacquer finish Tune-O-Matic bridge Set neck (glued in) (2x) Volume knobs (2x) Tone Knobs, 3 way pickup selector 2 Gibson designed Alnico Humbuckers Chrome Hardware Grover Tuners

Cream-fan-#1
    chubb666 wrote: lol $15 for a macdonalds???? erm no, its like 2 for a meal. add another 1 and get an extra large. also its worth noting that we owned you and by process your english, just with a silly accent and a territorial mentality
    epic win