G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-400

Purchased from: local shop

This guitar is on the top end of versatility. It was originally intended as a blues guitar for fast player and extremely good neck access. So its suit pretty much all the Spectrum of music, blues, rock, metal, punk and every thing in between, the only thing its lacks a bit is in its clean sound. Don't get my wrong, the clean is good but it doesn't have the single coil sparkle clean sound that some people are looking for. When I got the guitar the electronics were completely silent but I've must made some adjustment to the guitar that I shouldn't have done and now its little bit noisy on the neck guitar.

I must say, this guitar is unique. Try it at your local shop, if you'll like the neck fell be sure that this guitar is one of those rare values in that price range.

I'm not sure about durability because I've only gigged twice but it seem to be solid enough for gigs.

I can't really remember the guitar set-up in the factory but if u'll set up this guitar well it would be one of the most comfortable guitar you'll ever play. The thing about Chinese guitars are that you can't be sure about its quality consistency, I was lucky enough to get a guitar with very few flaws, the only annoying flaw was that 1 of the controls button were lossy and could fall, but with a little resistance mod you'll fix it. But the most important thing about this guitar, and what sets it apart from every single guitar I ever played is its neck access, its just amazing, the neck only gets flat in the 19-20 fret so for high speed player this guitar is just a dream to play.

- Made in china, 2008 - 22 frets 24.75" jumbo frets rosewood fretboard. - solid top - mahogany body and neck - has it's own unique body style. - Tune-O-Matic bridge. - passive electronics. - standard 2 tone and 2 volume controls. - 2 pickups - grover tuners. As far as I see it, it only lacks a Floyd Rose and possible better pickup configuration(adding single coil or at least a splitter) but because its priced at a low point its totally acceptable and in addition if a guitar in that price range has a floyd its probably a bad one.

davegrohljr
    The stock pickups sure have a lot of great sustain, the one I have I am playing through a Spider III, it takes two items to make a great pairing. I love the sounds this gives me, and mine is in dark walut!