G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-400

This guitar suits my style of music which is mostly Rock & Roll but also includes Country, Blues, some Rap, and Pop. I use it on a Peavey Rage 158 guitar amp with clean and distortion settings. This guitar is definitely noisy and bugs the hell out of my grandmother at some points. I can, right now, only get these sounds: clean, distortion, and sometimes a scratch.

I play mostly Rock & Roll (The Beatles, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, etc.) and it seems to cooperate with that style of music. As well as it does with the some Pop, Country, and Rap I play. I have been playing since I was 3 years old and I currently own the G-400, a Fender CD-60CE Acoustic/Electric, and a Squire by Fender Stratocaster. If my G-400 were to be stolen I definitely would buy it again. My favorite feature is the fact that it has the Rythem/Treble switch. The only thing I wish it had is a third pickup. Mainly for a "richer" sound.

Yes this guitar will withstand live play. The hardware on the guitar seems to withstand a lot of abuse and is very durable. The Strap Buttons are solid and have never came loose. I can depend on the guitar, but I would never play a gig without a backup guitar. I always take serious measures when it comes to the music I play. The finish is good enough to last and I have never seen any of the finish start to wear off. I've had this guitar for almost 4 years and if the finish would start to wear off I think it would have by now.

The G-400 was set up well except there were a couple of flaws. When I purchased it there was a nut missing under one of the knobs and that knob was loose for a while. Other than that I had no problems at all. And when I play it using Treble it uses the top pickup not the bottom. The way that the pickups are supposed to be switched got mixed up but I can live with that.

Made in Japan in 2007. Neck is a 22 fret ebony style with dot fret designs. This is a Laminated Rosewood red with ebony solid body guitar. Bridge style is a Tune-O-Matic Bridge. Active Electronics with the controls of 2 volume and 2 tone knobs. Pickups are 2 Humbucker Pickups configured the same way as in the picture. Guitar came with a gig bag, strap, and a 10 foot cable.

FXPenulla
    Just got this baby and I can't stop thinking about it. It was love at first sight! LOL. Anyway please check out my demo.
    solijoli
    By reading most reviews I understand that this is a good guitar and it looks really nice but is it too good, so bad to be a beginner guitar or is it ok to buy this as your first guitar? Because many people say don't buy a very good guitar at the beginning.
    atlamalia
    I actually loved this guitar for the 6 days I had it, while packing up after a practice session with my band, the electrics fell through the body, which obviously kind of pissed me off after paying $450 for it, it may have been just a defect but i still wont touch any Epiphone guitars after that incident, I much prefer the Ibanez equivilants right now.