G-400 Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-400 Custom

I like to play hardcore, metal, metalcore, emo, punk, basically whatever I think sounds good. I like it for all the stuff. It's not great for the metal, but I have a Line 6 Spider 2 210 so I just put it on the "insane setting" and that problem is gone. I like to play it with a delay and a chorus it gives this real rich trippy tone that I like, but when I don't use that I use distortion, the clean. I love the way this guitar plays when I play it clean. It sounds like it has a built in reverb, even if I don't play with reverb.

I've been playing for 3 years most hardcore metal and emo it's definetly a step up from what I have been playing. I play it through a Line 6 Spider 2 210. I'm looking into a distortion petal, but that's just to get more tones. I would probaly kill the person that would steal this guitar because it's really awesome and I think it completes my sound at least at this time. I played Gibsons, Fenders, Ibanezs, and Epis, I liked this guitar the best, with a Fender Tele Standard at a close second, this one can just get heavier then a Standard Tele and I need that at times. It's great I definitly recomend it if your not in the budget for a Gibson.

I haven't played this guitar Live yet but it seems pretty good, I think it could go through a show solid. the hardware was fine, no problems there. The bad part is that it kinda falls down with the strap, but that's just what SGs do because of the way there set up so it's fine. I would definetly play this guitar without backup.

It was set up pretty good at the factory except the action and bridge, but that was easy enough to fix. One of the tuners what a little lose, I just put my screw driver in it and tightened it up. But there were no real "flaws" but the strap knobs sucked, I couldnt really stand and play at all so I bought strap locks and everything is just how I like it.

This is an amazing guitar. People probaly think it's total crap because it's and Epiphone, but Epiphone has been around longer then Gibson so they obviously must be doing something right. It's kinda become the fad to bag on Epiphone but I don't think that all the rumors and crap about epi are true. Sure you can get a crappy 150$ Epi and have it screw up on you after the first week, but this guitar is not like that at all. It has 22 frets with a rose wood fret board. Plays very nice, I can move pretty fast for solos and other fast parts. It's not a laminated finish which I am very happy with. My old guitar was a crappy wannabe Strat that had such a horrible lamination it just pealed off so this is definatly a step up for me. All the parts were made and inspected in the USA but assembled in China, that's cool with me. 3-way pick knob thingy, 2 tone and 2 volume knobs. Tune-O-Matic bridge, it never falls out of tune. Strap knobs kinda sucked, but I took them off within the first week and got strap locks, I lost my last guitar because I didn't have strap locks and I'm not making the same mistake twice. Only problem is the bridge is difficult to get to adjust how I like it but once I got that it was great. I even liked it more then some gibsons I played.