G-400 Extreme review by Epiphone

Epiphone: G-400 Extreme

My style of music is Guns N' Roses, Zeppelin, AC/DC and this guitar doesn't suit it well at all, it has a real muddy sound, take any guitar, roll of the tone and volume and roll the volume up on the amp and the sound you get is very similar (I assume this is why it hasn't got a tone knob) but it isn't necessarily a bad thing, it sounds great for certain styles of music, While I was experimenting with grunge style rock, this was a key guitar, it sounds great! Very muddy and dirty! The sound reminds me of an amp stuck in a puddle of mud at a festival, very fun to play.

It's a great guitar, but sadly it's very rare and hard to get hold of, but if you can get one, go for it,

This guitar feels indestructible to me, it feels as if I could play it live, drop it, smash it, lose it, find it, piss on it, throw rocks at it, drop it again, and still play it live the next day with no problems. It's great!

Since this is second hand I haven't got much to say here, but I revived it very good condition.

I know very little about this guitar as it was given to me by my uncle who has just got a small flat with his girlfriend and he had to get rid of the guitars. Obviously, it has a very unique shape, it only has one knob, which is a volume knob, one 3-way selector which to switch between the bridge pick-up, the neck pick-up or both (Ultra HOT humbuckers) It has a 1.68" nut, a bolt on maple neck w/ dot inlays, it has a mahogany body with a floyd rose tremolo (used under license). Its stripped down style make it easy to use and looks quite nice.

jinsu2301
    not as horrible as that Zakk Wylde Flying V / SG bastard but still a pretty ugly thing...
    K!!LsWiTcH
    i dislike epiphones i havent played one yet to change my opinion about them. and i dont think that the people who say theres no difference between gibson and epi have ever played a gibson before.
    mcmozdzen
    I bought one of these guitars from a pawn shop a few months ago in rough shape it took me about 2hrs to fix it up. the guitar sounds amazing for metal and rock. the only bad part is the floyd rose is an xtreme pain to deal with.
    MaggaraMarine
    This guitar was clearly designed for kids who want to look like metal. A Super Strat looks much more metal than this. This just looks like wannabe design by a 10 year old boy that listens to AC/DC.