Genesis Deluxe Review

manufacturer: Epiphone date: 08/05/2004 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Epiphone: Genesis Deluxe
On the rhythm setting the guitar provides a full rich sounding tone.
 7.8
 8.4
 7.2
 1,831
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Genesis Deluxe Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 05, 2004

Features: - Made in 1979 in the USA. - 22 maple frets. - Laminated top. - Dark sunburst finish. - Cutaway. - String-thru body. - Active electronics. - Volume, tone, Rhythm, treble. - Non locking tuners. // 8

Sound: It suits my music style very well since I have such a broad taste in music ranging from classic rock to nu metal. I am using a Marshall half stack with a Boss Metal Zone pedal. On the rhythm setting the guitar provides a full rich sounding tone. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I found no technical problems whatsoever while playing this guitar. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has been played live and vigorously for over twenty years and it still tears apart the competition. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a vast variety of music and te guitar is a perfect match. I have benn playng for about 5 years and the only guitar I have owned that has outperformed this one is my Gibson Les Paul Classic. My favorite feature is the deep sunburst finish of the guitar. If I had to criticize it I'd have to say that itr is too heavy for long live sessions. The only thing I wish it had is a whammy bar. // 8

More Epiphone reviews rating category latest review
+ Les Paul Standard 8.6 Electric Guitars 01/25/2016
+ Les Paul Black Beauty 8.8 Electric Guitars 01/08/2016
+ Matt Heafy Les Paul Custom-7 8 Electric Guitars 11/18/2015
+ Ltd. Ed. Brendon Small "Thunderhorse" Explorer 7.2 Electric Guitars 10/28/2015
+ Goth 1958 Explorer 8.4 Electric Guitars 10/17/2015