Goth 1958 Explorer review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Goth 1958 Explorer

Purchased from: Bailey Brothers Music Company

If you like to play metal or rock, like me, this is your kind of guitar. I use a little Dean Markley 30 watt combo amp, not all that great of an amp. I also use a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal with it. The guitar sounds wonderful. It sounds all right on my amp, but it don't matter, I'm getting a better soon. I tested on a Marshall at the store and it was beyond awesome there. All those out there who play Marshalls and want to play an extremely good guitar you'll have a fun time with this guitar. I'll be right there with you when I get my Marshall. This guitar never makes a sound until you start to play,which is when you want it to. The only time it makes a noise is when I turn my distortion pedal up, which is the pedals problem, so no worries there. The clean sound is remarkable. It's very rich and has a fat tone. I have yet to hear a buzz from this guitar while playing it plugged up or unplugged. Not only is the clean out of this world so is the distortion. Whatever pickups that are on here will deal some serious loudness an power. If you play solos like I do, this guitar can do that too. The sustain can't be beat. I'll play a note and it will soar high and never want to come down. Solos on here sound like the solos from the early stages of Metallica, which is exactly what I want. The versatility for this guitar distortion wise is not good, but I don't care. The clean can be very versatile. I can really find any dislikes with the guitar. My only dislike is that I want to turn it up louder!

For metal and hard rock you can look no further than this guitar. I've been playing for about a year now. My last guitar was a crappy Wasburn, so this guitar was a huge improvement. One thing I wish I would have liked to have before I bought this guitar would be a Marshall stack, then I would have no worries. I don't anyone would still this guitar because I'm keeping this sucker under lock and key. I love everything about this guitar and hate nothing. My favorite feature would of course be the body of the guitar. It's shaped like a black lightning bolt with a white pickguard, you can't get any better than that. I tested several different guitars in the store and this guitar beat out a Jackson, an Ibanez, an Eddie Van Halen signature, and an Epiphone Les Paul. This guitar was made by Epiphone but it is awesome. Don't think that this guitar is bad just because it doesn't have Gibson on the headstock. This guitar was just as good as a Gibson Explorer and half the cost. So don't get reeled in and have to pay a fortune. I chose this guitar because I love the shape and I love the sound. I can't play a guitar that looks like a piece of crap but plays good,you know? Looks are half the reason I bought it. One thing I wish this guitar did have would be a whammy bar, but you can't one on this guitar. It's all good, though. The last thing I would like to say is that this guitar has gold hardware. Don't get mad when the gold starts wearing off and become silver, it's going to happen. So if you're looking for a killer looking guitar and an awesome sound at a low price buy this. This guitar is James Hetfield's favorite guitar.Is that good enough for you?

I think this guitar could withstand anything including a gig. I think the hardware will last until the guitar is ready to decay. The finish is thick and good, but I would advise you to wipe it clean of fingerprints when you're done playing. The strap buttons are there to last. I've had the guitar fall before but that was because of my crappy strap. Another piece of advice is to buy a strap lock just so it won't fall. Or if you don't want to pay $15 bucks for a strap lock you could use a bread tie to hold the straps. All you have to do is put the bread tie between the strap and the strap button. It should hold. I've never played a gig before since I'm only 12, but I would recommend a backup, there's no reason why not to have one.

I found there to be no problems with the hardware.

- Made in Korea - 22 frets - Bass knob, treble knob, volume knob - 3-way selector