Goth 1958 Explorer review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Goth 1958 Explorer

I'm a metalhead, but still like my classic rock! I listen to anything from Guns 'n' Roses to Children Of Bodom. I play a lot of Metallica, and I couldn't have a better guitar to play their songs on. It delivers that beautiful clean sound for songs like "Fade To Black", yet gives you that heavy, messy sound for songs like "Master Of Puppets". I just wish it came with a whammy already put in! Wah-wah pedals really polish off the sound from this little warrior, and it sounds phenominal plugged into amps by Marshall. I've got a Stagg amp too, but it kills the beauty of this guitar. The feedback I get with my amp and guitar is amazing, and it rings forever. It sounds incredible in Drop-D tuning. You'd think this guitar was ment to be played in drop tunings. Overall, I couldnt have a more perfect guitar for my music style.

Like I mentioned before, there's no better guitar I could have found that matches my style of music. I have been playing guitar for 5 years now, and out of my 2 other guitars, this is my favourite, hands down. I have no regrets whatsoever for buying this guitar, and if it were ever stolen I would chase after that person with a million knives in my hand and stab at them so hard they'd have no chance of living. I love everything about my little warrior from its sound to the way it feels. It looks bloody amazing and anyone who lays eyes on it will be jelous. I guarantee it!

I can rely on this guitar for my entire life. I guess I could play tennis with this thing and still have it in shape for a gig. I've never played a gig before, but there's no other guitar I would play if I had to. The only thing I'd worry about is the pickups going off on ya in the middle of a song, so I would bring along a backup guitar. I reckon the hardware will last forever, and there's no way the finish on this guitar will wear off anytime soon.

When I first tried out the Gothic Explorer '58, the pickups were stuffed up and they kept turning off while I was playing. Luckily there was another one in stock, and I got it for the price of the faulty one. However, even now, if I don't use a really good lead, it wont work well with the pickups, and it turns off while I'm playing. The mahogany wood is amazing, I walked into a door with it when it was only 2 days old, and there is no dint and no paint chipped off. The tuning pegs are pretty secure too compared to my other guitars, I don't have to tune it that regularly.

This little baby has got a mahogany body, neck, and fingerboard. it's black hardware goes brilliantly with its jet black matte finish, giving it a dark, sinister look. It has no inlays except for "XII" on the 12th fret. Awesome or what? It's a 22 fret neck-thru, with double humbucking pickups, 2 volume and 1 tone knob and a 3-way selector. Its neck is perfectly balanced to its body. I got an Epiphone hardcase with it, along with a lead and black Epiphone strap.

jotty
    I recentley bought this guitar, It's ****ing sweet. Definately by far the best guitar I've got, I dare say, by style, it's better than my Gibson Explorer. Sound is pretty much the same. This guitar is good for any genre. Scratch that, it's GREAT for any genre. If you REALLY need to, you could change for EMG's, but the humbuckers are absolutely fine in my opinion..
    EpiExplorer
    [x]Huffy[x] : EVOXIII wrote: cleadus_134 wrote: panos4657 wrote: James Hetfield plays Gibson explorers He used to, im pretty sure he uses ESP's now.Hetfeild started out on the Epiphone, back in '83 He started out with Gibson V's, then moved onto Gibson explorers, then ESP.
    His main Guitar for 1983 to 1986 was a white Gibson Flying V with variations on the colour. in '87 he moved to esp and made his Explorer style EX series. he used variations of it including custom made one that has a special headstock. after 2004 he made a new deal with ESP and made his EC series of Les Paul Style guitars. and everytime hes played live, hes used some variation of Gibson Explorer, ESP EC400, ESP FX400 or Gibson les paul. so there, he use just one guitar ohkay??? DX we are DONE!
    st.angerftw
    no im pretty sure he plays les pauls mostly
    livewire76
    Its a combination of Gibson and ESP mostly, but definetly favouring LP shape over Explorer type. At least in the clips ive seen and gig etc. The black LP Custom (iron cross on it) is out a lot, as is his ESP 'Truckster' sig. guitar which is a custom ESP Eclipse really (LP shape). In the 'making of' dvd for death magnetic you can see him with his old white (fake) gibson flying V, aforementioned Les Paul and his ols ESP explorer's amongst others. I dont think you can say he plays anything exclusively although im sure ESP want him too! In one interview with James he said that he'd been in touch with Gibson about doing a sig. model but "there were so many hoops to jump through that in the end i gave up and then ESP said they'd make whatever i want". The guitar he was talking about in the interview was the 'Truckster' so it cant have been that long ago he was talking to Gibson. A Hetfield Gibson LP would have sold by the thousands.. maybe in the future then? The interview with James talking guitars was in Guitar Player (US Edition) a few months back in case anyone is interested.
    r0derik1990
    LouieTM
    r0derik1990 wrote: i bought this guitar last week with EMG's in it. It is really a great guitar, and those emg's make it just soud 10 times better then the original pickups No regrets at all
    Where did you find it with EMG's and for how much?
    Fazemelta666
    I've got one of these, and for me, its my Holy Grail. I love the sound of these on a Roland Micro-Cube with a DS-1 Distortion Pedal. I've been playing Guitar seriously for roughly 16 months, and this is my second guitar. My first was a Fender Stratocaster. If anyone wants to check out my guitar playing, type in madcyril1975 to the YouTube Search Engine, thats my Dad's account. There's 3 videos, one with an acoustic, the second is me playing All Nightmare Long, and the third is Duality.
    Bdass Jerry
    longonbon wrote: i want to get this guitar does anybody know if its good for classic rock?
    its pretty damn gud for any slow rock along with all the heavy stuff!! u can play beatles on it too...not that you'd want to
    DrCOOL
    Great guitar. Worthless reviews. You cannot base a review of the instrument on simply metal music.