Goth 1958 Flying V review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Goth 1958 Flying V

Purchased from: Guitar Center: Foothill

I personally like rock and some metal. This particular guitar is the definition of perfect for this style. I use a Crate XT15R amplifier and the new DigiTech, Grunge: heavy grind distortion pedal. It's not noisy at all. Even with the distortion all the way up it seems alot quieter than others I've played. It gets the best sound when the disortion is turned up. It can sound anywhere from like an acoustic to the heaviest metal sound there is.

I play mostly rock style and some metal. This guitar is a perfect match. I've been playing almost a year now. I also own a Squier: Strat, a cheap wannabe Jackson guitar, a Fender 15 Frontman amp, and a Crate XT15R amp. There isn't anything I wish I'd asked when I bought it except maybe if they could thank whoever designed the whole guitar and set it up. If it were stolen I would hunt down and hurt whoever stole it. But if I couldnt I'm dead sure I'd buy another. I love the sound quality and how quiet it is. I love the unique V shape and satin finish. So far I haven't figured out anything I dislike about it except that its a little top heavy but with a Planet Waves electric guitar strap it eliminates your problem. My Favorite feature is the whole thing itself. It's the perfect guitar for my style. I compared it to a BC Rich Bronze Warlock and an Ibanez JTK1BRS Jet King. They were both impressive with good sound but they were't quite what I was looking for. But the second I picked up this one I knew it was the perfect guitar for me. Pick one up youll see exactly what I mean. I can't think of anything I wish it had. It already has everything I personally wnat in an electric guitar.

So far I think the guitar can withstand anything but being thrown off a building or run over by my dads 4x4 chevy pickup. The hardware is very reliable, I highly expect it to last. The strap buttons are rock solid and being a V thats somthing that is very important. The strap I use now I used to use on my Strat and it always fell off. With this guitar it hasnt sliped once. I know I can depend on it and I would keep a backup at a gig no matter what even tho I know I wont need it. The finish is outstanding. It makes my Strat look like a childs toy.

When I bought the guitar it was set up perfectly. The pickups were set up perfectly and when I plugged it into my tuner it was already set up tp play. It didn't have any flaws except there was a missing nut to hold the 3 way Switch, but I figure that was somthing that was messed with in the store by some little kid or somthing.

- Made in I believe Korea and is 100% inspected in the U.S. - 22 large frets. - Satin finish. - V-style body. - String through body design. - One 3 way Switch, dual volume controlls and 1 tone controll. - Dual Humbuckers. - Non-locking Epiphone tuners. - No included accessories.