Goth 1958 Flying V review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Goth 1958 Flying V

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

The sound Of the stock humbuckers are not all that good, expecially the neck humbucker. I am the kind of person who enjoys playing many styles of music, and pretty much, you dont really want to look into buying this, unless your are a metalhead. The bridge pickup is sensational for crunchy, heavy rythyms, and blistering leads. I'm currently using this guitar with a Marshall MG100HDFX and Marshall MG412 Cab, and it sounds wonderful. This guitar puts out great sound - scooped, crunchy rythyms. This guitar doesnt have alot of variety, but it is a great guitar for metal. If you are looking into making a purchase on this guitar, I would also suggest checking out some EMG HZ-H4s or some EMG 81s.

I play mostly heavy metal, and this is one of the best playing and sounding guitars for the genre I have ever layed hands on. I have been playing for 3-4 years now, and I own a Marshall MG100 Half Stack, an Epiphone Korina Flying V, an Ovation acoustic guitar, and this old school Kasino tube head. I also use a Boss MT-2 Metal Distortion Pedal, and a Dunlop Crybaby. This is definately my favorate peice of equiptment.

This guitar will definately withisand a live show. The hardware is black, and I havent seen any fading, I replaced the stap buttons before I ever used the guitar, because I use staplocks on all of my guitars. I wouldn't use this guitar at a live gug without a backup, because I use the floyd rose excesively, and it does go out of tune with too much abuse to the whammy. The finish looks seems like it may last forever, I haven't found any spots that are fading on it.

When the guitar came out of the factory, the action was near perfect, it needed a little tweaking, but now, it is one of the easyest playing guitars I have ever touched. The pickups needed a little adjusting, just to get a little more output, everything came pretty well adjusted prior to me tweaking with the things I prefer. I haven't came across a flaw, and probably never will, it is a sensational guitar.

This guitar was made in 2003, in Korea. It has 22 jumbo frets on a beautiful ebony fretboard. The neck and body are both mohogany I'm pretty sure, and has a black satin finish. It has a floyd rose tremolo, passive Gibson USA Alinco V Humbuckers, and 2 volume and 1 tone knobs, and a 3 way pickup selector. It is also equipted with locking grover tuners, and a locking nut.