Goth 1958 Flying V review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Goth 1958 Flying V

I play alterative/hard rock with lots of cleans and it suits me very well. At first the pickups are a little muddy but after some slight amp tweaks they come out fine. I play it through a Crate FTX120 and it sounds great. The pickups are realativly quiet. The pickups themselves are quite versitile easily pulling off power metal to classic rock, but I don't think they have enough punch for the heavier stuff.

As stated before is suits my style fine and is versitile as long as you tweak the amp. If it were stolen I would go out and buy a different guitar, something with better pups. The only complants, kinda muddy pickups, too top heavy, and bad wiring. Other than that it's a great guitar and I got it for a steal and if your gonna get a guitar that has the potential to be a item of kickassery, then get it.

This guitar is a trooper I've banged it around and it will not dent for anything. Standing up the guitar will tip downward at the neck and it will do it a lot, but when you play its easily remedied. The hardware and the strap locks are solid but I have had trouble with keeping the strap on (I need Straplocks). Very dependable and well built and on its own it stands up very well so theres little to worry whilst gigging.

When I got this particular guitar it was a floor model so of course there were some problems but they were as expected from a floor model. The action needed some minor tweaks but nothing over 20 mins worth of work. The pickups are well placed also. Surpirsingly enough when I had purchased the guitar it was flawless, no scratched, everything was alligned correctly. Only and a really major but easily fixable complaint is that is had some bad wiring which would cause the pickups to bleed through each other and sometimes not even activate, but just wiggle the toggle a few times and it gets fixed right up, so be prepared to maybe get the electical replaced.

Korzack
    Black strings? Interesting idea, might do that when I get a V. Been looking at a Popa Chubby singiature guitar (dark natural with a cherry pickguard & P-90 pickups in the '58 style), played that in a music store & t'is pretty damn neat. Just wish everyone didn;t rape the brits so much for price (frickin' 459!)