Goth G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Goth G-400

Purchased from: Steeve's music, Montreal

As I said, this is a true metal guitar. The dark black color proves it and once pluged you totally get blowed away by this little machine. I use this with my original Jim Dunlop Cry-baby wah and it sound like hell! I play a lot of Metallica and even though my amp is dead, it still has an extremely agressive sound when the treble pick-up is on amd mixed with the wah-wah you can kick Kirk Hammett's solos! The cool thing is, in opposition to normal metal guitars, this one can do a beautiful sweet sound wich is really important for those who like to play little balads sometimes. Something really cool too is the electronic sound you get because it's a gothik edition wich means who can easily get a Zakk Wylde sound with the good settings and picking.

As a metal player, this guitar totally rocks, just look at who played SG's : Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) Angus Young (AC/DC) so it definitly has a rocker's heart! I've been playing 1years and a half 2 hours a day minimum or so and it still goes well as when I bouth it. Something absolutely cool is because of the neck position, its really easy and good feeling to solo with this, each person who tried it, just totally loved it. The only thing I would like sometimes is a tremolo but then I say it would be ugly so I just think about all the good thing that this guitar has and I get my smile back! I really love it to because even though it's a metal guitar you can play anything with it and it still sounds really good. In fact it's the best buy guitar for the price.

I really love playing live with this guitar cause I'm never scared it's gonna break in pieces while i'm playing a good solo. You gotta be vigilant because the hardware may look hard but just a little knock knock on you wall corner and you can make a little " hole". So watch this ! the strap buttons holds good, I'm always playing while standing and nothing seems to wanna die...each button has a big screw. I'm playing a lot live without this without backup so...G-400 ROCKS!!!

This guitar is really impressive on that point. Everything is always working well and nothing breaks. It never get untuned and the neck is properlly placed to solo easily and with place cause for those like me with big hands, it's sometimes hard to solo on a guitar like a Strat where the cutaway blocks your hand. The only problem I have is: sometime when I change pick-up the wires don't connect to the Switch so it takes a little 25 seconds to get your sound back by playing with the swith wich is fragile!!! And another thing is the jack that gets loose sometimes. It's nothing scary but just enough to get on yuor nerves when you're tired!

This little Epiphone is about the exact replica of an Gibson SG Gothik except for little details like the pick-ups and things...I had that guitar 1 year and a half ago and it still kiiiiicks ass. It was made in 2002, it has 22 frets and both pick-ups have a volume and tone control. The pick-up selector is a 3 way, nothing complicated. PLug to a good amp, this gutiar really rocks and metal lovers will be satisfied.