Goth G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Goth G-400

Purchased from: Intersales Music

This guitar suits me well as a metal guitar but it has versatility and I could use it for a range of styles. I am running it through a chain of Guitar --> crybaby --> chorus ensemble --> overdrive/distortion --> MG30DFX and it performs very well, though if I use the bridge pickup it is considerabley noisier then the neck pickup. It has a very full and powerful sound if I crank the distortion and it has pretty good cleans if I add chorus via my pedal. Perfect for what I need.

This product is a very versatile guitar suitable for a number of styles including rock, metal, blues, punk and probably most other things, the only real flaw in this guitar was the faulty wiring but that was fixed quickly in half an hour at the store.

I would gig without a backup if I had to, it's very durable and hard wearing its taken quite a beating yet still performs to standard.

This guitar was set up well in the factory but after 3 weeks of purchase there was a defect in the wiring, I returned it to Intersales and they soldered the earth wire and the guitar has been fine every since, the pickup selector can be noisy but I rarely use it as I stick to the neck humbucker.

2003 made in Korea, 22 Frets, 2 Alcino V Pickups, 3 way Switch, 2 tone pots, 2 volume pots. TOM bridge, stop tailpiece, Grover Tuners, Mat Black finish and hardware.