Goth G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Goth G-400

Purchased from: Ump Sales

I can accomplish any sound I want pretty much I only recommend metal to rock, I play it on my wonderful Peavey bandit 112 with metal master DigiTech pedal. It's not noisy the pickups are very quiet but it can buzz a little on the high tone position. It's a bright sound but very full, I recommend sticking to heavy metal.

I play heavy metal to rock to punk to soft rock and I love it, I've been playing for 1 year (I'm a quick learner), I own a Yamaha acoustic and a morgan monroe acoustic, I would by a different guitar if it were stolen or lost, I would by the g400 Vintage, I love that its nice sounding for a good price, and I hate that its kind of plain and top heavy as heck, my favorite feature is XII inlayed on the 12th fret, I compared it just to other SG's both Gibson and Epiphone, mainly the Gibson SG faded and Epiphone g400 Vintage, I chose this one bc it was nice and a great price, I wish it had pickup covers to add a small amount of Shine to it like the g400 Vintage has ohh and more fret markings, I recommend it to any musician new to old.

This will withstand live playing time after time, the hardware is great, the finish will not wear off seings how its a flat finish, strap buttons are sturdy and on well, I can depend on this thing for anything I want it to, and it is even good enough to use without a backup.

The guitar was not set up well, I love it except when I got it it had extremely high action on strings g b e, so I popped off the nut and sanded it down. I also had to raise the pickups up from the body, the top was properly bookmatched there was a flaw on the bridge a chip of wood missing, everything else was perfect.

This is a 2003 goth made in USA, 22 fret, solid body, it has 2 tone 2 volume and a three way position Switch. It has two open coil humbucking pickups, mahogany body and bridge, it's an SG, it has grover tuners, with a set neck.