Goth G-400 review by Epiphone

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
Epiphone: Goth G-400

Purchased from: e-bay

This guitar is good for playin heavy metal but I play more punk rock so it's ok not great it sounds quite muddy an quite strange at low volume so crank it up an it sounds fine. I'm using a peavy studio 200 amp at the moment its quite nice I use the amps overdrive an studio chorus together for a punchy sound, it is noisy wit the overdrive on but I like the feedbck it gives. This guitar is excelent at making palm muteing sound thick an full an not strachy an crap (no offence).

I play punk rock music (Blink 182, New Found Glory) but I also play sum other heavyer stuff which fits this guitar perfectly. I've only bin playin about a year maybe a bit longer but I got this in october an it's still my baby. I wish I asked about the pickups ect (which I hope to upgrade) it's either buy a new guitar (Epi Dot-335) or get a new bridge pick up (Gibson "Dirty Fingers") if any1 has an opinion on wot I shoul'd do email me spawn3323@hotmail.com or PM me. I love the distorted sound of this guitar but I hate the clean sound of it jus sounds scratchy. I also own a Taylor "Big Baby" acoustic an I love this guitar also. But my SG is my baby even tho it's not the best guitar about its worth buyin if ur looking for a stylish guitar wit a gd distorted sound also it is good downtuned so this is a heavy metal players dream.

This guitar has bin through alot I have played a few small show (at my school) an it played great an I'm a heavy handed player so even wen my band are jammin we play hard I'm not sure if its me or the guitar but I keep snapping strings. I changed my hard wear coz I didnt like how black the guitar was (maybe I shouldnt have brought the Gothic version) the strap buttons are ok but the 1 nearest to the neck is in an odd place an it makes the guitar unbalanced so I can't let go of the neck or it hits the floor (trust me it does) it is quite dependable an it needs no back up guitar coz to me this seems like a strong guitar.

The action was very bad when I got it an it used to be quite challenging to play but I got it professionally set up with 0.009 - 0.042 elixr strings an now it is so effortless to play an can be strummed for hours. There were a few flaws on this guitar like shoddy electrics which kept falling apart an breaking, it broke the night before a small show my band had (stiches) but luckly I learnt how to use a soldering iron lol. An the screws are all rusty now, loose tuning pegs erm wot else scuffs an scratches I think thats it, but I only paid 200 for it.

I don't exactly no when it was made but I'm almost certain it was made in china. This guitar has 22 frets, it's a set neck (mat mahogany) no fret markers except the pearl XII on the 12 fret. The body is the standard SG-400 body mat black (which I prefere to glossy finishes) body is mahogany too. Comes with black hardwear an 2 open coil Gibson made humbuckers. Standard 2 tone an 2 volume knobs, 3 way Switch (neck pick up, bridge pick up, both) passive electronics, standard input jack on the front of the body. I don't have a clue bout the make of the tuners coz I changed then because they suck but they rattle now need to buy a new set. It came with a cheap bag and thats it.