Goth G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Goth G-400

Purchased from: TheLastDJ

It suits my musical styles pretty well. I play a lot of Black Sabbath style riffing so I thought the SG was my only choice. I use it with an Epiphone Studio 15R and a DigiTech GNX 1. It isn't noisy at all with the burstbuckers, but stock it was a little noisy so It is much better when you upgrade the pickups. I can get the classic SG tone out of it but I can get a lot of other good tones out of it too.

I play a lot of classic rock and metal. This thing matches me perfect. I have been playing guitar a little under 6 years. I also play a Epi Les Paul Standard Plus, A Series 10 LP copy, and a Epi Thunderbird IV Reverse bass. I regret nothing by buying this beautiful axe. If it were stolen I would have a hard time finding the model I have now but I would buy it again if I could find it. I love the sound. I hate nothing. My favorite feature is the action. I compared it to a Gibson SG Standard, and I prefered this one's sound. I realy wish it had a tremelo but then it wouldn't be an Epiphone G-400 SG!

This guitar would survive very well for the way That I play on stage. The hardware is very durable and will last a very long time. The strap bottons are replaced as with all of my guitars and bases with Dunlop Straplocks. I would depend on it until I die. I would use it at a gig without a backup if I had too but I prefer to have a back up as with any guitar or bass I use. The finish is durable and strong.

The guitar was bought used so I don't really know how well it was set up at the factory. But when I got it the action was perfect. I suggest Putting some Elixer 11's on it and playing away. It really improves the tone and action. The top was perfect when I got it it was properly bookmatched. The bridge was just as it was supposed to be at. The guitar has no flaws that I know of other then a little belt rash.

It was made in 2003 in China. There are 20 Frets on a rosewood fretboard. It has a solid top. The body is mahogany as well as the neck. The finish is a heratage cherry. the Body is an exact replica of an SG. The Bridge is a Tune-O-Matic. It has passive Gibson Burstbuckers. There is a tone and volume control for each pickup with a 3 way swich. I changeed the pickup configuration from stock pickups to Gibson Burstbuckers. The tuners are stock Grover tuners with 18:1 ratio. I got it with a case.

!AOF!
    what where dude i live in alberta and im looking for a sg WHERE you *****