Goth G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Goth G-400

Purchased from: music corner whyalla

I play through a Fender G-DEC practice amp and it sounds amazing! I usually put the gain on full and use the delay time at about 300. I play mostly thrash metal but I also play a bit of glam metal and neo-classical metal. Aside from metal I play a bit of blues and rock. I do have some trouble playing this through my Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. It doesnt't take kindly to heaps of gain once you go past the 12th fret. I will say, however that this guitar is great for the price (remember that this is in australian dollars so all you americans would pay propably 400-300 dollars for this) and it handles anything quite well. Not the fastest neck I've ever played but it is quite good.

This guitar is great for metal. I've been playing for a year and a half and own one other guitar, a monterey stage series (crap) and I also own a Drive 20 watt practice amp. I was originally going to buy a Jackson but I saw this and made a mistake. Still a pretty good guitar but it is certainly no Jackson. If it were stolen I would care, but not to the point where I go phsyco and murder the guy who did it. I definately wish it had a locking tremolo. But it would cost around 700 bucks just to have it put in, which makes some sense because they would have to rought out a place for it, change the pickups and all that juck, and then I would have to buy the locking system for about 300 dollars! So I think I would just buy a 700 dollar Ibanez with a locking tremolo in it.

I practice about three hours a night (not that I have to, I just love playing) and the paint on the tune-o-matic bridge is starting to wear because of palm muting and so are the bolts because of the cold weather. The strap buttons are great. They haven't failed me yet and thesee are the factory ones. Non locking! A locking tremolo would be useful on this, not just for the whammy bar, but also for making the tuning stick. This thing goes out of tune eally easily if you put new strings on. My band played bark at the moon by ozzy osbourne at the year 8 talent contest and won, and the pickups didn't feed back much. So I guess it will withstand live playing.

Music corner (the shop I got it from) set up the guitar just perfectly. The owner of the shop is a fellow metal head so he can set up just about any guitar to be a full out metal machine, my guitar is an wxample of this. He set up the pickups and the action to the best for all round playing and set up the neck for free (gee what a pal). There was no flaws whatsoever.

This one was made in 2006 (I'm guessing cause it was in perfect condition) in Korea. It is suprisingly good for a korean guitar. It didn't come with any extra's which was fine because I already had all the needed stuff. It has a tune-o-matic bridge with grover tuners. The SG style body is really light. I think the neck is mahogany and it's weight is more than the body! The pickups are great for any experience level. It has 22 thin frets which can become quite annoying if you play up at the very top of the neck. Not too much trouble though.

PurpleFlavoured
    I love this guitar. I can't agree about the finish chipping easily though, i'm clumsy and have bashed the machine head a few times and have acquired no chips. Playing clean on this guitar is beautiful aswell, it can do anything. I never knew I could fall in love with a guitar...