Goth G-400 review by Epiphone

• Reviewer's score: 1 Junky
Epiphone: Goth G-400

It does not suit my musical style at all, that would be speed metal, or punk, or thrash, this thing has a slow neck, and it makes an ugly deep sound like it's underwater, not much variety too it, I've tried everything but changing the pickups I know that would fix some of the problems, but what about the rest of them?

This guitar isn't for me, if you want a doom type of sound, then it may be for you, I wish I would have asked to try a different guitar, but I was still learning when I got it 2 years ago, if it were stolen or lost, I would not give a damn, I should have gotten my Ibanez rg first, it makes me wonder if SG's suck this bad, do les pauls feel this horrible, I sort of don't care after playing this thing, I'll stick with Ibanez and maybe Dean.

This guitar is not reliable, I would never put people through the agony of hearing it Live, the strap buttons are fine, the finish is ugly, but I think it will stay on it. Durability I think it's got plenty of that, but so does a rock. Hardware seems like it will last.

I think it was set up fine, the pickups were cheap, I imagine they couldn't do much else with them, no flaws if you don't count the fact that the balance is so screwed up, I got a beginner guitar at an outlandish price. The guitar as a whole is too noisy. Action was all right.

It was made in 2006, I imagine in China, it has 22 jumbo frets, rosewood fretboard, and the bulkiest neck I've played so far, it throws off the balance of the guitar so much that if you don't all ways hold on to it, it dives toward the floor, the paint job is ugly dull and boring, flat black, the inlays got old fast, with a tacky "XII" on the 12th fret. It's got cheap stock pickups, passive of course, I couldn't get $10 for them. A 3 way tone selector, mahogany body.

theOL
    well i gto this guitar 2 days ago and i love it its way better that my strat so i give it a 8.5
    Epiphone'sRock
    i got this its a good guitar and the pickups aint bad for an epiphone it plays like a treat but like most SG's it is un balanced which can be a pain in rehearsals lol
    slapknutter
    I got this guitar the only problem i found wif it is that it has rly high action its horrable
    Keshin
    i got mine for $300, i replaced the brige pickup with a Duncun Invader though, better sound. This was my first real guitarm and i love it