Goth G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Goth G-400

Price paid: A$ 275

Purchased from: Billy hyde

The sound, to be completely and utterly honest does not have too much variation, it's eighter grunt or roar, but that's what any REAL guitarist would need isnt it? none of that clean un-distorted crap form me thanx. of course with a guitar that looks like it's been salvaged from the deapths of hell it mostly suits the metal genre but you can pull of some classic rock with it. I'm running it on a prac 20W amp which is like putting chuck norris in an under 10 boxing arena. so I'm not using it to it's full potential. it delivers a "rich/full sound" which makes up for what I lack as I am niether rich nor full. (open to interpredation). I can't afford and effects atm and I could barely pay for the guitar with the remaining kidney I sold so I can't say too much bout effects. But in general I love the sustain and overall grunt on this thing. But if you haven't noticed I'm the type of person Who plays his guitar on only 2 settings: max distortion/moderate distortion. In conclusion it's got a good distortion thing going for it.

in general it's a very good guitar but could be better suited form me personlly with more trebel. but besides that the gear is great and the guitar is as durable as a chainsaw slicing through butter (idk if that dosent make sense). it's good for metal heads but can pass off in other genres. if it where stolen I'd save my tears in a jar until it was soo full that I could drown the person Who stole it and everyone he ever loved. And I would like to state the fact that I'm associated with chuck norris so for any of you Who have any bright ideas, I will personally see to it that chuck will roundhouse kick you in the back of the face.

durability I have no idea, mainly because I haven't gigged with this bastard yet but if it can withstand 2 hours of powerchord bashing to piss of the junkee nieghbours then it should be set for a Live preformance. the selector Switch looks a bit flimsy but then again ud only get a decent Switch on guitars over 500. I would see no reason a backup is necisary as this guitar seems durable enough to play in a Megadeth concert. HOWEVER, neither the guitar nor the audiece will withstand the playing of shit music by bands such as the ting tings and the jhonas bros. but then again which guitar can. I wish to warn you that if you do choose to play Jhonas bro songs that ur guitar will spontaneaously combust and I will take the liberty of burning your house down for you have defiled such a great guitar.

if I could make love to the action on this babe I would but unfortunately that's outlawed in Aus. once again I would like to bring up the issue of incredible sustain and the guitar did not have any flaws considering it was a secind hand. Some may argue that it's a heavy guitar but then some are idiots. the guitar is a decent weight and does not weigh half as much as it's Lp counter part. although the neck can be considered a bit too chunky for my linking.

Oigin of make is not know I'm currently preusming that it the handcraft of chinamen which build these guitars passionately (notice the hint of sarcasm). year, looks like it's been influenced by modern gothisim so no earlier than 1990`s. it's made of ye good ol mehogany/alder and the finish is a black matt kind of like a cross between the colour of getting ur eye bruised whilst you have a generous smearing of mascara. it's a set neck to you get soo much sustain that you can still hear tone after you turn your amp off. 2 tone and 2 volume to change the tone from grizzly bear to mighty mouse with a fiddle of the nobs (giggles*). Pickups are Standard epi's so you can't go wrong. other features include the guitars awesomeness which, yes, I unlike other guitar noobs consider a feature.

r0ckth3d34n
    You replied exactly two years too late.
    Metallica>Life
    r0ckth3d34n wrote: slipknot_420 wrote: slapknutter wrote: I got this guitar the only problem i found wif it is that it has rly high action its horrable Lower the action then You replied exactly two years too late.
    +1 for procrastination
    GV14982
    I have this guitar. Its pretty good, but its unbelievably neck heavy!
    jaylpst
    I've laybuyed this guitar, paying it off myself, played it in the store, fell in love also. Only my second guitar so i thought it was great price for what it is, and the guitar is a lot lighter than what i've played before which i really liked, although it is a bit unbalanced!
    themelodicdeathshow
    Lower the action then
    okokel
    The one major thing that is wrong with any Epi SG is there isn't enough neck where the neck meets the body, causing tuning problems. However, this can be somewhat remedied by how you string it. If you can get past all that stuff, I think it's a pretty decent guitar. Unless of course you get a dud, which is possible with Epiphone Gibson copies.