Goth G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Goth G-400

I play through a piece-o-shit 15 Watt Jaysound amp (total beginner shizzle, entire guitar set for like 100 euro's) and even through that, this guitar sound A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I have found that this guitar basically suits all my needs. For such a "dark" guitar it's really all-round if you ask me. I haven't come across any troubles yet, on clean it plays great, and it sounds even better with the distortion on.

I play mostly pop-punk/punk/rock/hardrock/metal. I own the following bass guitar: Morgan JB 620. (bought it from a friend of mine, its a really reliable bass). I play the bass for about 7 months now, and guitar for about 4/5 months (but I'm a speedy learner). If it was stolen, I probably would get the same, for it's price, there is just no comparison I believe. This is a great All-rounder. My favorite feature - the feature that I love - would be the cross located between the tuners, or the XII inlay on the (doh, here it comes) 12th fret. The thing I "hate" the most, is that it doesn't have more inlays, since my last guitar, I'm used to, since I can't play without looking at my frethand yet, look at the inlays. Then again, not having the inlays will make me better quicker!

This guitar can withstand live playing any day. It seems to me the hardware will last a long, long time. I practice about 2 hours a night, and each time I finish, I look to my fingertips and think I turned into an African American. That is to say: "My fingers went all black yo!". I haven't seen the paint fade yet, but seeing as my fingers keep getting black after playing, I'm guessing this won't be long, so that minus 1 point. The strap buttons are great. One is located on the back of the guitar, and the other one on the bottom (if it hangs on my wall) of the guitar, it makes the strap real comfortable, and you don't need to get a larger strap than usual. The Grover tuners are really nice when it comes to tuning, I really like it, it's much easier then with any other tuners I have used so far.

The store I bought it always makes sure their guitars are in top shape, and to me, this was no exception. They took it off the wall for me to play, they didn't even need to tune it. The guitar, in my eyes, was perfect. It's my sweet "Laura". (Yes I name my guitars).

Lets go over the basics: Mine was made in Korea around the year 2008 It has: Body: mahogany Neck: mahogany, glued in Scale: 24.75" Neck Profile: SlimTaper "D" Nut width: 1.68 Fingerboard: rosewood, 22 fret Fingerboard: 12" Neck Pickup: Alnico Classic humbucker Bridge Pickup: Alnico Classic Plus humbucker Bridge: LockTone Tune-O-Matic Tailpiece: Stopbar Neck pickup: 1-Volume, 1-Tone Bridge pickup: 1-Volume, 1-Tone w/full-size 500K O potentiometers Hardware: Nickel Tuners: Grover 14:1 ratio Color: Pitch Black (PB) Too bad there is no Whammy.