Goth Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Goth Les Paul Studio

This guitar certain looks and plays the part for my styles (classic rock, hard rock, thrash, and a little blues). This guitar doesn't make an annoying sound whatsoever, clean or dirty. The sound is very deep, excellent for distortion junkies. But you might need to tinker with whatever gear you got for the clean sound if you like a brighter tone. I'm currently using a Fender amp with a Boss MT-2 distortion and a Crybaby, and this guitar just flows.

I think I played every guitar the damned store had, day after day, before I chose this guitar. The whole thing haunted me until I eventually bought it. This is my firt electric guitar, and I love it. And that goes for all Gibson/Epiphone guitars. The Gothic series are all awesome guitars, each with the same dark deep tone. I think my favortie feature beside the unique sound is the iron/irish (whatever) cross at the headstock. If you're looking for great Gibson tone at a less expensive price, give an Epiphone a chance.

This guitar has taken a good beating, and still plays like it was built by God. Like every guitar I'm sure, it got a few nicks here and there. I didn't trust the strap button and got some strap locks just incase. I personally think that that worn look on a guitar looks badass, but this flat black finish is here to stay. Only that s--t is comin' off is if I was gunna burn it!

I didn't like the 10 gauge that most of these guitars come with. So I put a 9 set on and lowered the bridge just a little. The pickups were ok where they were. Everything was relatively new when I got it, so it was in good shape.

This guitar is awesome, its flat black finish just sets it off. I'm prety sure it's a '04 model. It's got a Tune-O-Matic bridge but there are some models with a floyd rose. The pickups on it are very good- alnicos, but I'm in the process of putting a set of Duncans on. Grover tuners, and a cool lookin' cross at the headstock make up a damn good guitar.