Goth Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Goth Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: Metronomie

This guitar is 1/4 of the price of a Gibson but feels like a Gibson. I play a lot of styles like blues and metal and this guitar suits me very well. The treble pickup is really good for metal and the rhythm pickup gives almost a blues sound like a Strat.

This guitar is a really good match to mu style of playing and I recommend it. I play it through a Tonelab SE and a crappy Peavey Rage 158 and it sounds like heaven. If it was lost I wouldn't buy another one because I'm saving to buy a Gibson or a Fender but there is no $500 guitar that beats The Epiphone Les Pauls.

This guitar will last forever if you buy strap locks. I used it many times in gigs without backup and I had no problem.

The overall guitar settings when I received it was crap althought it was a breeze to adjust it myself.

It's made in 2003. It has a 22 fret rosewood fretboard, 2 Alnico pickups (worth 1/2 the price of this guitar), 2 volume knobs, 2 tone knobs and a 3-way selector. It's made in japan ans the finish is satin (not great for fingerprints).